PDA

View Full Version : Opinions of the Beta

FeralFoxTrot
14-10-2013, 07:07 AM
Thought I would start a thread to share beta information and opinions.

I'm pretty happy with the game so far, Reviving seems to have been balanced much better than before, but the re-spawn timer is way too short, it needs to be at least a few seconds longer, because at the moment, a friend could die 10 metres away, and you might not have time to revive them after taking out the guy that just shot them. It's so bad that in a few domination games I played there were lightning bolt symbols EVERYWHERE, because it just wasn't worth it. Dice really needs to extend the re-spawn timer, maybe even double it. I like that after you have been revived, if you are shot straight back down, you don't get a second chance. But apparently, if you stay alive for a certain amount of time, (a minute or two?) you can be revived again, and that's a little bit relieving.

As for engineers, Lock on rpg's seem like a good team work buff for both engineers, and recons, and it's good that now there is a directional lock on indicator, to stop you from having to search for a moving needle in a haystack. But I don't know how lock on rpg's effect choppers and jets, as jets are not available in the beta, and I have only spent 15-20 minutes in a chopper, so I have no experience with that being an issue or not.

For support, I love the airburst, seems really useful, and quite versatile, but I still feel that the support class needs another gadget, it feels a little empty at the moment. {EDIT}: Apparently Support is getting c4 as well in the full game, so that should sort out my issue with it not having enough gadgets.

And the snipers, ohhh yes. I am so happy about the changes, supression fixed, more tools. The only irritating thing, (but I will probably get used to it) is the vapour trails. They seem too distracting, but when you do get a hit, It does seem to "add" to feel of hitting your mark, and it's annoying when you see one go straight through a target with no hit registration. The recon goggles are so useful that it's crazy, (Maybe the loss of the ability to paint targets with them is a good enough nerf, but it seems a little harsh) they are such a good team tool, and arguably the most useful gadget, potentially more useful than medpacks in the right situation. So now snipers are much more viable, and can actually play a team role. So overall very happy.

However, and I know beta is beta, I have never had worse rubber-banding, and, game pauses in my life. I had an instance where I ran up an escalator three times before just giving up, and every few seconds, bullets would stop registering hits for another few second, or until you were dead. But these are all things we can basically trust to be fixed.

I'm very optimistic, and I can very well say that I would rather play bf4 than bf3, even in it's current state.

XiSTNZ
14-10-2013, 06:47 PM
1) they intentionally made the revive timer shorter in the beta. (as mentioned in a release from one of the developers)
2) you can get revived again once you reach 100% hp.
3) rpg's lock on is a bit powerful atm, they need to give the choppers another counter-measure, because you can lock a target and kill it before the chopper is in effective kill range.

but overall i really like it.

lmg's need a buff because the bipod does shit all and they are basically just bigger assault rifles with slower fire rate and lower damage.

Tank main cannon should 1 shot choppers, and tank vs tank battles are pointless without engi's firing rpg's, a single rep can keep the tank alive indefinitely to only 1 tank, due to the ammo reload system.

But overall cant wait as i said before, the full unlocks will make a great difference, i am predicting.

FeralFoxTrot
14-10-2013, 08:04 PM
Regarding the revive time, it's still too short. For a full revive, you damn near have to be right night to them just to pull one off. There is also no chance of finishing a firefight, and then running over to revive someone more than 15 metres away. I understand this was intentional. But with the longer revive times, they need to add maybe 2-3 seconds, just to give a fighting chance if you are a little bit away from a downed ally.

Oh, also, now that I think of it, apparently the anti-air, is overpowered for anti infantry use. Not so much overpowered, but it's not meant to be good against infantry, and from what I've seen, it's about as good as a tank.

SPARTAN
14-10-2013, 09:38 PM
game is great, To one exception...

THERE IS LIKE 0 SPLASH DAMAGE IN ARMOURED VEHICLES

IamTriggerHappy
15-10-2013, 12:06 AM
and a billion times splash damage with M320 and RPG.

... yes, 1 billion

FeralFoxTrot
15-10-2013, 12:13 PM
A billion times zero is still zero.

IamTriggerHappy
15-10-2013, 02:57 PM
A billion times more than battlefield 3

FeralFoxTrot
15-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Oh yeah absolutely

XiSTNZ
15-10-2013, 10:17 PM
foxtrot, the aa is good against inf if they are close range. but past 100 meters the bullets spray hard. so its not lethal unless they dont take cover. but they are weak, they get dissabled by pretty much 1 rocket or m320.

Voltstriker
15-10-2013, 11:00 PM
Thought I would start a thread to share beta information and opinions.

I'm pretty happy with the game so far, Reviving seems to have been balanced much better than before, but the re-spawn timer is way too short, it needs to be at least a few seconds longer, because at the moment, a friend could die 10 metres away, and you might not have time to revive them after taking out the guy that just shot them. It's so bad that in a few domination games I played there were lightning bolt symbols EVERYWHERE, because it just wasn't worth it. Dice really needs to extend the re-spawn timer, maybe even double it. I like that after you have been revived, if you are shot straight back down, you don't get a second chance. But apparently, if you stay alive for a certain amount of time, (a minute or two?) you can be revived again, and that's a little bit relieving.

As for engineers, Lock on rpg's seem like a good team work buff for both engineers, and recons, and it's good that now there is a directional lock on indicator, to stop you from having to search for a moving needle in a haystack. But I don't know how lock on rpg's effect choppers and jets, as jets are not available in the beta, and I have only spent 15-20 minutes in a chopper, so I have no experience with that being an issue or not.

For support, I love the airburst, seems really useful, and quite versatile, but I still feel that the support class needs another gadget, it feels a little empty at the moment. {EDIT}: Apparently Support is getting c4 as well in the full game, so that should sort out my issue with it not having enough gadgets.

And the snipers, ohhh yes. I am so happy about the changes, supression fixed, more tools. The only irritating thing, (but I will probably get used to it) is the vapour trails. They seem too distracting, but when you do get a hit, It does seem to "add" to feel of hitting your mark, and it's annoying when you see one go straight through a target with no hit registration. The recon goggles are so useful that it's crazy, (Maybe the loss of the ability to paint targets with them is a good enough nerf, but it seems a little harsh) they are such a good team tool, and arguably the most useful gadget, potentially more useful than medpacks in the right situation. So now snipers are much more viable, and can actually play a team role. So overall very happy.

However, and I know beta is beta, I have never had worse rubber-banding, and, game pauses in my life. I had an instance where I ran up an escalator three times before just giving up, and every few seconds, bullets would stop registering hits for another few second, or until you were dead. But these are all things we can basically trust to be fixed.

I'm very optimistic, and I can very well say that I would rather play bf4 than bf3, even in it's current state.

is there a tl;dr? :P

FeralFoxTrot
16-10-2013, 11:05 AM
I will give a tl;dr in super shibe style.

Wow, Much water, Goggles so amaze,
So beta,
So recon, Respawn much quickness,

airburst so amaze, Wow, So worm man, many stretch,

Very rooftop,

amaze at graphic, very prettiness, much Wow