PDA

View Full Version : Battlefront Open Beta

RockJordan
05-10-2015, 07:46 PM

Hey guys, with just four days until the Battlefront beta, I thought I'd write a post to bring you up to speed.

The Beta will be available starting this Thursday (8th Oct), all you need to play the Beta is the Origin game client, no sign up or registration is needed, its an open Beta.

I have been luck enough to try the game on two separate occasions now, and each time I left with a grin on my face, because it's been a long time since I played a shooter game that was as refreshing and new to me as Battlefront. From flying the Y-Wings and bringing down an AT-AT to jet packing onto a hill top and spraying down the enemies taking cover underneath a AT-ST, quickly plummeting into the snow after being destroyed by a friendly T-47 which flew by over head. I loved the movies and have only read one of the star wars books when I was little, but neither compare to the experience and enjoyment of playing the new Battlefront.

The game is mechanically unique, it's Asymmetrical game play was engaging and felt balanced despite the obvious disadvantage the defending team faced, as we didn't have the luxury of any ground vehicles. The gun play is fun and engaging, and with Star Wars laser Rifles comes no need to reload, so there is a constant barrage of lasers coming from both side of the map, contrasting against the white snow to create a living environment that is immersive and engaging.

I'm extremely excited for the beta this Thursday and am looking forward to playing some games in a squad with you guys.

May the force be with you.

Here are some videos of the beta by JackFrags:

www.youtube.com/channel/UCw7FkXsC00lH2v2yB5LQoYA

Kamaji63
05-10-2015, 08:17 PM
They lied about flying x-wings :(

Voltstriker
05-10-2015, 09:33 PM
The lack of a server browser seriously turns me off the game, despite it being a game in the Battlefront series, let alone a game based on Star Wars. I'm going to play the beta and will probably make my decision on buying the game from that, though I might just pick it up anyway for shits and giggles. The survival mode should be fun regardless

Pirate_Radio
06-10-2015, 10:34 AM
i have pre ordered already. im a star wars tragic.

any idea if we can pre-download the beta? i havent had time to read into these things lately

Splinter
06-10-2015, 11:26 AM
Laser rifles ...pewpewpew!

I'll look to Beta as well then make a call..

Kamaji63
06-10-2015, 12:45 PM
Hoping we can pre-load the beta

RockJordan
06-10-2015, 05:13 PM
Jack Frags just uploaded a series of videos he recorded at a Battlefront event, looks like the embargo just got lifted as they were all uploaded at once, so some other content creators should be uploading similar videos soon I imagine. Survival looks banging!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw7FkXsC00lH2v2yB5LQoYA

Kamaji63
08-10-2015, 09:25 AM
You can now preload the beta guys!!

Pirate_Radio
08-10-2015, 05:19 PM
You can now preload the beta guys!!
nice

Rogue Killer
13-10-2015, 12:00 PM
What was it like on PC only had a play on PS4?

Pirate_Radio
13-10-2015, 01:27 PM
What was it like on PC only had a play on PS4?
i found it quite good. the biggest issue i found was flying the fighters with only a mouse. I couldnt seem to use my joystick at all. otherwise the combat was quite similar to bf4 without the recoil and suppression aspects. id imagine by release they will fix up alot of issues like the random spawn points and such. graphics wise i found i could play with ultra graphics on my slightly outdated system and it looked pretty.

XiSTNZ
13-10-2015, 03:14 PM
Flying is weird, there is a weird delay and auto correct when flying which means you are constantly trying to fight to keep it going where you want it too.

Other than that I loved it. I am not normally one for sounds or graphics, but this game made me smile immensely just from the graphics and sounds alone.

Rogue Killer
13-10-2015, 05:23 PM
Yeah i found flying weird also. considering it is dice i was expecting a bit better vehicle control like in the AT-AT & AT-ST 3RD person view i found annoying.

But over all found the game play fun.
and yeah Xistnz loved the blaster noise PEW PEW PEW