• User Tag List

Thread: Audio settings

Mood:
      ----

Battlelog
      G-madafakin-WO0o

Audio settings

Hey SoVs

I just got an AD700x headphone and i heard nothing but good stuff about this model, so how do i tweak the audio settings to bring the best out of it?(for best directional and positional sounds )

I dont have a sound card and im using the Realtek HD audio manager, what settings i need to alter in terms of EQs and in terms of in game?

You are more than welcome to share any other recommendations for settings.

Some relevant videos i have seen:

I think this is THE audio clip to test how good is ur headphone and ur settings

Thanks
      Last edited by G.Woo; 02-11-2015 at 02:42 AM.

Clan Member
      Mood:
      Drunk

Battlelog
      Surge-Reaver
      Personally, I use stereo headphones, have done so for the last couple years.
      Brief research on AD700x shows they are stereo headphones. You could download software to virtualise surround but your audio will be more washed out.
      If you are wanting to mess with EQ and other levels you may want to invest in a sound card. This will also ensure you get the most out of your headest.
      EQ is an entirely personal thing. No one can tell you what to set it to as everyone's hearing is different and will appreciate different sound.

Do what you will with this information.

Advisory Council
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Awesome

Battlelog
      -Lg-pksllayer
      I have the same pair of headphones i think i did try playing around with all the settings to get a virtual surround set-up either with dolby headphones/home theater off my soundcard and razer surround but I did find that at the end of the day, stereo on bf4 seems to be sounding the best to me in terms of positional accuracy on bf4. But if you have the opportunity, pick up an entry level sound card from Asus, its one of the better things that I can recommend as I feel it really sounds very different form on-board audio and gives you more options, particularly with a virtual surround setup.

That being said, I still can't really tell that much from footsteps in BF4 anyway apart from knowing what direction and if there's more than 1 person moving up, its not as critical to hear as it is in say CS for example. Personally I think fiddling with the EQ settings doesnt change too much for me in terms of being able to hear footsteps over gunsounds but you may get better mileage out of your ears and the headphones/

Mood:
      ----

Battlelog
      G-madafakin-WO0o
      Quote Originally Posted by pksllayer View Post
      I have the same pair of headphones i think i did try playing around with all the settings to get a virtual surround set-up either with dolby headphones/home theater off my soundcard and razer surround but I did find that at the end of the day, stereo on bf4 seems to be sounding the best to me in terms of positional accuracy on bf4. But if you have the opportunity, pick up an entry level sound card from Asus, its one of the better things that I can recommend as I feel it really sounds very different form on-board audio and gives you more options, particularly with a virtual surround setup./
      I read the whole thing
      http://forum.symthic.com/battlefield...ighlight=audio