Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Wtf

Battlelog
      LayZWade

Are we as gamers spoiled?

Spoiled might not be the right word.

But when i think back to the greatest gaming experiences ive had was when i was playing on a potato PC with maybe 2 games if i was lucky enough... Yet i never got bored.

Now ive got at least 15 games just in my steam library installed alone not to mention origin, GOG and battlenet. all decent games but have no desire to play them...
      And its not a lack of passion for gaming my new missus always tells me she barely knows what im talking about but does know its a hobby i love and get hyped when discussing gaming.

but yea tilting hard with any game i attempt to play because it just feels like im going through the motions not being creative or theory crafting.

Just curious if anyone else is having the same sort of issue

I was gonna set myself a challenge and just have Siege and Bf1 installed upon battlefields release. even though its a buggy mess been psyched to actually want to jump in for a game or 10 not just coz its there

end rant

Clan Member
      Mood:
      Godly

Battlelog
      Kamaji63
      I find it just phases we go through in life that get us to a certain point where we have the financial backing to get us the wants and needs that is enough to satisfy us. I started out as a laptop gamer without "gaming" grade products just playing CS 1.6 and Warcraft 3 DotA mod. I wasn't the richest kid but could afford stuff necessary for learning and enjoyment, I mostly spent my time outside and watching tv as a kid. I was happy just to be able to play games and at LAN parties. Plus I wasn't hardcore or full tilt like I am today, either way spoiled may not be the right word to describe this emotion or through process.

Server Administrator
      Clan Member
      Mood:
      Piratey

Battlelog
      Pirate_Radio
      i would say over all gamers in general are spoilt. Im sick of reading negative and hateful comments on all sorts of decent games. Its very rare for someone to get on social media or forums and say anything nice. noone (who posts at least) appreciates things for what they are.

Overall i reckon access to social media has made everyone more negative about things. negativity breeds negativity.

However i agree with you in every aspect of entertainment; movies, games etc just about every concept or idea has been covered. even tv shows lately are all based off movies now. there are no new themes or genres, so i can see how everyone is jaded and cynical.

4. The following users like this post:

LayZXiSTNZ 

High Council
      BF Captain
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Godly

Battlelog
      XiSTNZ-HB
      The major difference between now and a decade or so ago is that previously games were all new and exciting. The upgrade from arcade to personal games and the increase in computing power opened up new possibilities. Now modern society has come to expect more and more from everything.

Companies now focus on producing mainstream mass uptake content than creating innovative products (THIS IS A BIG GENERALISATION).

Also people need to enjoy games for what they are worth. So many people seem to complain that they hate a certain game and yet they are willing to sink 1000's of hours into it. That seems like they must enjoy the game if they keep going back. There can be bugs and issues with it but if overall you still enjoy the game then its not that bad.

As soon as the dev's fix one issue another one will become apparent, it is a never ending cycle.

Advisory Council
      Retired High Council
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Sneaky

Battlelog
      DRZdeano
      I blame pre-ordering.

Finshed product? bahahahah go back to your shareware you crazy old lunatic.

Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Wtf

Battlelog
      lll-Griffsta-lll
      The problem I find is that the rate at which games are produced these days and released. Seems like there is a new game out every week that i could be looking at i don't even bother watching E3 anymore for upcoming games because of the huge back log of games i own on steam and other platforms to play through.

https://steamdb.info/calculator/76561198010271990/

Clan Member
      Mood:
      Crying

Battlelog
      RudeKostry
      Your Terraria hours are pitiful. You require 200 more hours of mandatory fun.

Clan Member
      Mood:
      Hungry

Battlelog
      EotL-Knispel
      i think gaming companies should shut the F up and make me happy ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

10. The following users like this post:

LayZXiSTNZ 

Advisory Council
      Retired High Council
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Sneaky

Battlelog
      DRZdeano
      I find it hard to find entertainment in non- multiplayer games, having grown up without the internet until late teens. I've had my fill of fighting bots, it's very rare I get interested in a game now that isn't online.

Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Wtf

Battlelog
      lll-Griffsta-lll
      I tend to agree here with Deano as i have a huge steam library but find it hard to commit to single player games unless they are somewhat challenging or have a huge amount of content within them to keep me coming back. I Guess with MP games is every game/match is different and challenging more to learn each time you play, that's what keeps you coming back for more.