Thread: Squish's friendly post of need.

Server Administrator
      Clan Member
      Mood:
      Piratey

Battlelog
      Pirate_Radio
      My PC since my latest addition hahaha

I gave the PSU a vigorous clean with the air duster and it doesnt work anymore.

On the plus side i did manage to get the CPU cooler inside the case with great difficulty.

(I will have to take your advice now Trigs on a fully modular PSU)
      Attached Images Attached Images

Clan Member
      Mood:
      Godly

Battlelog
      Kamaji63
      MY EYES!!!! All that red, yellow and orange cables are a mess. Yes modular psu's are awesome!! Would be a wise investment. Squish do you have a parts list for your current system?
      Quote Originally Posted by Pirate_Radio View Post
      My PC since my latest addition hahaha

I gave the PSU a vigorous clean with the air duster and it doesnt work anymore.

On the plus side i did manage to get the CPU cooler inside the case with great difficulty.

(I will have to take your advice now Trigs on a fully modular PSU)

Clan Member
      Mood:
      Crying

Battlelog
      RudeKostry
      Tried to use that site pirate used. Will be buying a case as well but unsure on which one yet.

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/H8X4d6

Is it worth spending so much on a motherboard?

High Council
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Godly

Battlelog
      VoItstriker
      Quote Originally Posted by Squish View Post
      Tried to use that site pirate used. Will be buying a case as well but unsure on which one yet.

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/H8X4d6

Is it worth spending so much on a motherboard?
      Get an EVGA graphics card instead of ASUS, better cards + amazing company (they usually upgradew old cards for free if they dont have stock when they are RMA'd).

You probably could go a cheaper motherboard tbh, $300 is quite a lot for one. I picked mine up (albeit this was ~2 years ago) for around $200 and its served me fine.

Lastly, I'd look more into a Samsung 850 series SSD over an Intel one; I bought an Intel one and performance feels really choppy. The extra money you save on a cheaper motherboard (if you decide to do so) would make up the difference to one.
      Last edited by Voltstriker; 21-08-2016 at 02:18 PM.
      Voltstriker | Head of Clan Systems & Servers | Email | Battlelog Profile | CyberGamer Profile

Clan Member
      Mood:
      Crying

Battlelog
      RudeKostry
      Quote Originally Posted by Voltstriker View Post
      Get an EVGA graphics card instead of ASUS, better cards + amazing company (they usually upgradew old cards for free if they dont have stock when they are RMA'd).

You probably could go a cheaper motherboard tbh, $300 is quite a lot for one. I picked mine up (albeit this was ~2 years ago) for around $200 and its served me fine.

Lastly, I'd look more into a Samsung 850 series SSD over an Intel one; I bought an Intel one and performance feels really choppy. The extra money you save on a cheaper motherboard (if you decide to do so) would make up the difference to one.
      ASUS have rgb lights though. Will take your point about samsung as I have heard nothing but good things about them but haven't heard anything for over a year.

Server Administrator
      Clan Member
      Mood:
      Piratey

Battlelog
      Pirate_Radio
      Good advice from volt. You can get away with a cheaper mobo. Ive also found asus to be very reliable so ive never dealt with their warranty team. Although ive heard theyre not as good as the other manufacturers in that regard.

Good choice on the psu. I just bought the same one. My dead one is the same model, but ive had it for 8 years.

Mood:
      Cool

Battlelog
      SoV-GreenBeret
      Samsung awesome i have 2.got from msy cant remember how much but they are very helpfull with new setups too .got mine from them.

Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Wtf

Battlelog
      lll-Griffsta-lll
      Motherboard seems good, PSU @ 1000watts seems a little overkill. I like that your looking at platinum ratings but even gold is good enough. I guess next thing to do would just look at some more reviews in case you miss something. I would also follow volt on the EVGA thing i have heard only positive things about this company when it comes to video cards.

Clan Member
      Mood:
      Crying

Battlelog
      RudeKostry
      Quote Originally Posted by Griffsta View Post
      Motherboard seems good, PSU @ 1000watts seems a little overkill. I like that your looking at platinum ratings but even gold is good enough. I guess next thing to do would just look at some more reviews in case you miss something. I would also follow volt on the EVGA thing i have heard only positive things about this company when it comes to video cards.
      Looked into that and realised that it isn't worth the jump to platinum when I don't have my pc on 24/7.

I did just buy a case, psu, motherboard, ram, cpu and zip ties of assorted sizes.. Will post up pictures once I set it all up. Unfortunately mwave didn't have the case I liked but they were $50 cheaper than elsewhere. May need to buy pink spray paint.

Thanks for the help friends.
      Last edited by Squish; 24-08-2016 at 10:13 AM.

10. The following users like this post: