• Wtf
  • User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: bf1

Mood:
      Cool

Battlelog
      SoV-GreenBeret
      With you hairy whens bf5 coming out .bf1 will die just like hardline im calling it now .remember my post .lol

Advisory Council
      Retired High Council
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Sneaky

Battlelog
      DRZdeano
      the map in alpha was way better , and prettier, also was not so large, that objective in the middle of nowhere is silly.

tho it didn't have a retarded train it had a even more retarded AC-130 style airship.

surely the lack of weapons is a beta thing. i cant imagine i hope they don't release a ww1 game without giving the assault class a decent rifle. *lee enfield/kar98* cough*

As OP as the vehicles are, they are fairly easy to kill with nades, but on this larger map thats a bit more difficult.

Revives are so underused its like medics dont exist. As with any other sort of team co-operation for that matter.

Bf1 is fun, but a little to fast paced to become a serious competitive shooter. Who knows, i hope im wrong.

it does definitely feel like battlefront reskinned with ww1 , maybe there is a hidden AT-AT walker as a easter egg
      Last edited by DRZdeano; 10-09-2016 at 04:37 PM.

3. The following user likes this post:

Clan Member
      Mood:
      Hungry

Battlelog
      EotL-Knispel
      Quote Originally Posted by IamTriggerHappy View Post
      After an optimistic first few rounds I was able to brush off my initial frowns with a reminder that its only beta... but a few things are really starting to anny me the more I play....

1) Assault, Medic & Support class weapons have so much bullet spread and inaccuracy that snipers are so OP that everyone plays them. Even me, and I've never considered myself as a sniper in any BF game!! As a result no one plays anti tank allowing tanks to roll in and literally sit on a point or mcom to win.

2) Lack of anti tank options

3) Agree with Kama.... vaulting is annoying and you often just get stuck on random objects while running throughout the map.

4) Horsies auto jump over walls into 14 waiting enemies

5) Horsies halt for no reason leaving you a sitting duck to said 14 waiting enemies

6) Horsies steer where you look

7) Horsies only swipe right. TINDER WASNT AROUND IN WW1 DICE!!!!

8) Some guns feel like they are shooting paintballs while I get 180'd insta gibb'd

9) That train is fucked

10) Not enough vehicles to get to points

11) Vehicles imbalance for attackers vs defenders on rush.

I hate how much I love the horsies... they are so fucking dumb and retarded but so look and feel so good especially when you vault over a rock and make eye contact with a sniper just before you take his life... best feeling in any BF game I've had. but it only lasts 3secs and only happens once every 10 attempts

This game has potential but it really needs a lot of screws tightening to make it worth while buying.
      1,8) The gun spray isn't really that bad, i think people have some bad habbits there applying from Bf4 over to BF1, the way you burst control guns is diffrent, and most people are moving while using a DMR (depending on which one, some are a bit more rewarding for people Ducking/Weving incoming fire) we didn't get to use all the guns, there are some Subs that are ment to do well in Medium combat, but a VERY limmited amount, and they will reqiure you to be very good at them to out gun DMR's at its range so in theoary/math yes you would win, but would require you to be perfect all the time almost. i have no real comment on LMG's since it was the Only thing i didn't touch which i kinda regreat since apprenty they were not as bad as people in the aphla said, but apparently what we got in the Beta was something that of what was the Early Aphla form of gun-play/ along with vehicles (another topic)

2) the diffrent amount of AT wepons in bf4 vs BF1 is no suprise, since there is no lock-on wepons such as Jav,Sraw(if lazer locked) stingers eg eg, leaving 2 AT rockets that require Aim, RPG/Smaw. it was probs better scrim wise to use a Sraw since it was very Easy to flick around corners behind cover on high ground so i assume most people used it, now the AT rocket in this game isnt that bad, it infacts travels faster then the Smaw does, IMPOSSABLE at mid/short range to doudge since the tanks in this game have LEGIT no speed to duck fire. Also the speed at which these vehicles move make it VERY hard for them to Run if they have taken on "abit more then they can bite" simple map cross fires/out flanking/timing Rockets, nades will melt a tanks HP down, and the best part is they CANT run, or even get out and do a repairs/ have 2 people spawn with repairs and OUT-repair the DPS. tanks no longer have Active protection, or Proxy so simply sometimes the best thing to do is nothing and wait for a better chances rather then just running across open ground, which leads me to my next point, THIS IS A VEHICLE Friendly map, long range wepons suit this map besides the C flag, infact, C flag is the only real risky places to go on with a vehicle if you duno how to map place yourself for a "exit plan" as well as D being pretty open. most flags tanks cant SOLO cap cos the Cap Flag time pretty much makes it so unless the team stop spawning on that flag, you can pretty much just stop a tank from capping a flag by hiding/ tapping away at it, till more teammates show up. also not many people might of notices this but the AA guns are placed on C,D & E have a range that can reach into the Un-cap and base rape planes (which are Nataully the Supreme Anti tank role) so all it takes is 2 people to camp 2/3 guns in the center of the map and pretty much make it impossible once the center flags are in 100% enemy control and set up a decent front making a comeback very hard (also on that note, dont like how tickets work in CQ now) the AA guns should be places on the give-me flags so allows some room for planes to take out HVT's BUT not give them the abblity to spawn rape another team into Un-cap cos atm, you can take a plane, fly into there Un-cap and spawn rape even the planes on there spawnpoint in Uncap. (Something imo that MUST be fixed for game balances tbh)

3) always being a bug in BF games, though it feels like when they fix one part of the bug, they bring something else for it.

4,5,6,7) kinda impressed how well the horse kinda works, though, in saying that, some of the movement mechanics could use some fixing to make it a bit more user friendly, as well as the Range on its Melee is awakard, sometimes you cant hit people that are rubbing up in your horse, the other times, legit can Melee people inside buildings behind walls. this could have something to do with the Speed Vs Traveling eg. so be interesting to see how they handle this.

9) yeah train is pretty fucked, once again, the mobile AA on it, have an issue with that. Though, 12 AT mines will kill a train, (so for a person to solo it, you have to re-deploy 4 times just to kill it, so kinda just more easy to teamwork and use mines on it. also, iv seen the cannons on the train LAUNCH vehicles across the map if they shoot at them...that kinda next to be fixed

10) 100% a massive issue, this is a map where they should have LOTS of motor Bikes on. cos To many Armor cars/tanks would make its fucked for inf. To many horses and could have issues there. so suprised there was no bikes in the Beta. so hope that sovels the issue

in a side note RUSH, yes i think there is to many vehicles for 12v12, at MAX 1 tank on defending team, vs 2 tanks on attacking, (why 1 tank for defending?) well the Defending team gets call in Artillery strikes, so anything spotted on the Hud Gets shells dropped on it when the strike is called in, 2nd, the Geography of the map favors the defenders (as it should), this is more shown at the 3rd and 4th set of Mcoms were the defenders have the abillity to make VERY effective Kill zones making people have to run a Class to deal with this issue before the other team can really push up. BUT in saying this. the Ridge (F flag in CQ) people can get up on can make in CQ the map very one sided like Rouge/Giants & other bf4 maps i cant think of atm make it very easy in pubs to win that map, but can make for interesting game-play for comp, but thatss another topic

if it was 16v16 maybe 2v3 vehicles would work, but tbh, i think no still then. having 2 vehicle "Major" Assists in rush is Plenty enough for most standard maps

For my own feedback that people have not thought about, i am worried about how Pub/comp players will pick out Easily people running damage mods on Snipers/DMRs since people might not be able to pick out the range they were killed at effectivly to put to a chart of damage Vs Range, played on game in the beta where people thought a guy using the last DMR you unlocked in the DMRs for the beta was normal to "1 tap body shot" At ALL rangers with it, not 1 of 60 players besides 4 people really notices. (i only notices cos i knew the gun wasn't a sniper weapon)

i guess another tip if your having troubles with tanks is, make it miss, it goes through its ammo pretty quick. also try to Change angle instantly after shooting a rocket or nad, never sit behind a wall, always find something it cant blow up to use for cover, and also Know what kinda tank u are vs'ing cos some tanks are GREAT at close range, where others are ment to sit back and snipe people across the map. each has its weakness/ counters. Light tanks great for out-flanking poorly aware Heavy/Landship tanks, while taking advange of small cover and getting into the thick of it, But can Only shot at 1 person at a time so, Double peak with someone or set up more a trap, Aim for mobilty hits. or simply get a Heavy/landship to hunt it. (could go on for ages about how to counter the others but im sure that be boring atm! :P ) Speaking of mobility hits...dont think anyone notices this, but hit boxes on vehicles was VERY BAD, there was alot of shells, rockets that i saw dusting i was using on enemy vehicles/planes. recorded enough to highlight this out. though was also annoyed when using the network grapth it coudnt prove it even more by showing server side if it notices/clients side for both users. but was well aware enough and able to slow down game video and see shorts even on targets not moving (like a Artillery gun) dusting when i fire at it. so people that did manage to get a Real nice short on a vehicle, were only rewarded with no Damage, followed by the player notices they are there and kill them.

Marble duck has done some great videos on BF1 Mechanics, give him a look up for anyone in this thread reading

Clan Member
      Mood:
      Hungry

Battlelog
      EotL-Knispel
      P.s soz for shit English above ^ lmao

Clan Member
      Mood:
      Crying

Battlelog
      RudeKostry
      Quote Originally Posted by EthanBlack_Knispel View Post
      2) the diffrent amount of AT wepons in bf4 vs BF1 is no suprise, since there is no lock-on wepons such as Jav,Sraw(if lazer locked) stingers eg eg, leaving 2 AT rockets that require Aim, RPG/Smaw. it was probs better scrim wise to use a Sraw since it was very Easy to flick around corners behind cover on high ground so i assume most people used it,
      Avant were the only team to use primarily Sraws (due to it having the highest damage), a few people in avant tried to learn how to curve the sraw around corners but most of the time the skill took too long to master as most maps were too large and open. Most teams/players used the smaw because you could fire and forget about it due to the straight flight path, while a few people used the rpg. But this was for the iM Masters and Mwave 10v10 cups and for the top 8 teams (soz sov) during that time, I don't know what happened after that as I stopped playing.

7. The following user likes this post:

Clan Member
      Mood:
      Hungry

Battlelog
      EotL-Knispel
      well in the current comps that are still running, post nurf you can kinda pre fire them behind cover and almost guild it to its target before you need to break cover,best for roof camping were there are no walls to splash damage shells off making it a pain for vehicles, (EG zavod center flag roofs, Resort top roof, some of the Rouge Hills) its one of the Lowest damaging wepons i think now besides MBT Law and Smaw coming in at 3rd. depending on map i rather run Sraw/smaw cos as you said, its flat line of fire is very easy to aim. shot, and bail before the target has a chances to return fire, sraw atm now kinda more a suppressing AT weapon(since you can't really miss)/ great at Taking out un-aware AH pilots, transports, you can hip fire sraw and it will act like any other rocket and has a stright flight path when un-guided by ADS. RPG is now the Highest Damage but most only usefuell in close range, EG Zavod, parts of Propaganda eg

Mood:
      Awesome

Battlelog
      BogzillaR
      Love the game, having had a break from not liking the direction of bf4 and sick of the modern era (never interested me much) bf1 gives me the same feelings i got when i loaded up bf42 as a prepubed teenager. +1 will be grinding it out on release

Clan Member
      Mood:
      Crying

Battlelog
      RudeKostry
      I thought I would share my EA Access experience as it has been fun.

I cannot play more than one round as I get some sort of major gameplay or graphics bug in the next round, sometimes during the first one. These include:
      - Mouse lag on main weapon only (pistol is fine) with randomised delay. so aiming is fun.
      - Large yellow mark on my screen when looking in certain directions.
      - Getting a ridiculous blue filter.
      - Jerky movements, so running feels awful as you move 1 metre every half second rather than it being smooth.

Minor ones that don't involve me having to restart the game include:
      - Inability to take off my gas mask.
      - Unable to aim down sights after revive.
      - Joining a different server when you give up waiting in a queue for another server keeps you in the queue so you load the first server in the middle of a game.
      - Spawning as a horse at the start, receiving the kit but no horse.
      - Spawning where you clicked first despite the fact you are furiously clicking somewhere else.
      - drawfps command stopping randomly all the time.
      - Selling skins but getting no money.

Some fun features they have added:
      - Having to press space to get to the respawn screen.
      - Esc is not a back button in menus.
      - That Fao Fortress map.
      - Dying behind cover is a lot worse.
      - Ability to hear friendly footsteps 100m away but not enemies next to you.
      - Bayonet charges

My performance is significantly worse than in the beta where I don't remember seeing it go below 100 fps. Now i spend most of my games at 70 fps. I have an i7 6700k, 290x and 16gb ram for those curious.

To be honest it reminds me a lot of the bf4 release. I apologise if I have ruined your hopes and dreams for those of you considering the purchase.

11. The following users like this post:

High Council
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Hungry

Battlelog
      Hairy_Eagle
      I don't understand how the can release the game with all these issues and expect people to pay for it. I highly doubt I will be paying for this game.
      Hairy_Eagle | Head of Recruitment | Email | Battlelog Profile | CyberGamer Profile

High Council
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Piratey

Battlelog
      Protius_hF
      Quote Originally Posted by Squish View Post
      I thought I would share my EA Access experience as it has been fun.

I cannot play more than one round as I get some sort of major gameplay or graphics bug in the next round, sometimes during the first one. These include:
      - Mouse lag on main weapon only (pistol is fine) with randomised delay. so aiming is fun.
      - Large yellow mark on my screen when looking in certain directions.
      - Getting a ridiculous blue filter.
      - Jerky movements, so running feels awful as you move 1 metre every half second rather than it being smooth.

Minor ones that don't involve me having to restart the game include:
      - Inability to take off my gas mask.
      - Unable to aim down sights after revive.
      - Joining a different server when you give up waiting in a queue for another server keeps you in the queue so you load the first server in the middle of a game.
      - Spawning as a horse at the start, receiving the kit but no horse.
      - Spawning where you clicked first despite the fact you are furiously clicking somewhere else.
      - drawfps command stopping randomly all the time.
      - Selling skins but getting no money.

Some fun features they have added:
      - Having to press space to get to the respawn screen.
      - Esc is not a back button in menus.
      - That Fao Fortress map.
      - Dying behind cover is a lot worse.
      - Ability to hear friendly footsteps 100m away but not enemies next to you.
      - Bayonet charges

My performance is significantly worse than in the beta where I don't remember seeing it go below 100 fps. Now i spend most of my games at 70 fps. I have an i7 6700k, 290x and 16gb ram for those curious.

To be honest it reminds me a lot of the bf4 release. I apologise if I have ruined your hopes and dreams for those of you considering the purchase.

with issues like these I guess I will be continuing to wait to see if this game even takes off.. I was being quietly confident with it but am not so sure about it now