• Wtf
  • User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: bf1

Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Cool

Since you mention graphics cards..I'm starting to get nervous whether my GTX560 will be up to scratch for BF1.

I can run bf4 on lower settings ok but feels like bf1 is much more graphically intensive. I did have some issues during beta, but being beta I didn't know whether it was my machine or the game...

Any thoughts? End of the day I'll get the game and proof will be in the pudding but thought I'd check anyway

Server Administrator
      Clan Member
      Mood:
      Piratey

Battlelog
      Pirate_Radio
      Quote Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
      Since you mention graphics cards..I'm starting to get nervous whether my GTX560 will be up to scratch for BF1.

I can run bf4 on lower settings ok but feels like bf1 is much more graphically intensive. I did have some issues during beta, but being beta I didn't know whether it was my machine or the game...

Any thoughts? End of the day I'll get the game and proof will be in the pudding but thought I'd check anyway
      from what it seems you might be ok. I think its more cpu intensive from what others have been saying

Recruit
      Mood:
      Hungry

Battlelog
      B1indGunn3r
      Quote Originally Posted by Pirate_Radio View Post
      from what it seems you might be ok. I think its more cpu intensive from what others have been saying
      Your right mate. BF games have always been cpu intensive since multithreading first started. they have gotten better to optimize the game for lower end machines.

I just bought this bad boy https://www.pccasegear.com/products/35063 as a upgrade from the fx8120 (first bulldozer 8 core)

Hopefully things will be running smoothly tomorrow when it arrives

4. The following users like this post:

Mood:
      Awesome

Battlelog
      BogzillaR
      i7 2600k running smooth as butter paired with 980ti ultra 1920x1080 80-140 fps

Mood:
      Awesome

Battlelog
      BogzillaR
      Quote Originally Posted by IamTriggerHappy View Post
      This attitude is what's allowing EA and others to keep pumping out shit and expecting us to buy it. There are plenty of games that don't have the issues DICE and EA have been forcing down our throats since BF3.
      while i agree that bf4 and bf3 are shit compared to the previous games in the franchise. You are entitled to your own opinion.

My opinion is, back in 2002 i bought my first online pc game as a teen with some spare change i had saved doing work around the house, it was $89.95. over its lifespan i also bought two expansion packs for the game (secret weapons of ww2 and road to rome) both with a rrp of 49.95 (each) you do the math. (dont believe i still have the original big ass boxes with the price stickered on the front)

While i agree that the pricing of videogames in general to be quite high, nothing has really changed in the last 14 years. Expansions are now called themed DLC ect ect and you have the ability to purchase a license in advance to experience all said DLC in a games lifespan. In actual Fact bf1 Over its lifespan will cost me less with premium then what bf1942 and its expansions retailed for 14 years ago.

granted wages in the last 14 years have gone up, and I am now a adult and working, therefore I dont find preordering for said game to be a big deal (it costs more for a night out in the city).

League of legends, a "FREE" game is creating the largest revenue for any videogame in history.

Each to there own, if DICE supported modtools, had private servers and clan features in DAY1 the game would be near on perfect.

-my 2 cents and dont take it personally as this seems to be a strong opinion of many, im just trying to educate you on the fact that pricing if anything seems to be more upfront these days but relativly the same in general.

PEACE

High Council
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Wtf

Battlelog
      IamTriggerHappy
      Quote Originally Posted by bogzillar View Post
      -my 2 cents and dont take it personally as this seems to be a strong opinion of many, im just trying to educate you on the fact that pricing if anything seems to be more upfront these days but relativly the same in general.
      Was going to ignore this, but you've got me triggered. You've completely missed the point all together... so to summarise this conversation so far

- Squish experienced issues with BF1 and wanted to let the SoV community know.
      - You told him his issues were "invalid" because they only happen to him (which is both wrong and irrelevant, but I wont go into that). You also said that "Granted there are still issues but what game doesn't have issues."
      - My point in response was that this attitude annoyed me because it reinforces bad behaviour by game developers. It essentially tells them that they can produce shit games and at the end of the day still get paid.
      - You then respond with the post above about marketing and pricing strategies...

How is that relevant to releasing games with as many bugs as BF3, 4, Hardline, and now BF1?

I feel like you're typing for the sake of typing and nothing's really making much sense. You seem like you want to protect BF1 from any bad word, but then you also point out some of the issues you've noticed....

FTFY BTW

Quote Originally Posted by bogzillar View Post
      if DICE supported modtools, had private servers and clan features in DAY1, fixed legacy bugs, had balanced gun mechanics, fixed spawn issues, worked on better character movement, addressed the many graphical glitches, had better map design, worked on floating vehicles, balanced the behemoth and mortars, and improved horse movement mechanics the game would be near on perfect.
      I won't be responding in this thread anymore coz I hate the whole arguing over personal opinion and back and forth picking people's posts apart bit by bit... but when you go so far off track and also have had a cheeky dig with a passive aggressive remark saying that I need to be "educated" on topics that are frankly not even in discussion, I almost feel like I have to.
      Last edited by IamTriggerHappy; 26-10-2016 at 11:50 AM.
      IamTriggerHappy | Head of Treasury & Clan Accounts | Email | Steam Profile | Sons of Valour

8. The following users like this post:

High Council
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Wtf

Battlelog
      IamTriggerHappy
      So I bought BF1 and I have to say honestly I think it was a mistake.

A few things that get me angry....

Gas grenades - Far far far too many in the game. They last too long, and permeate through walls and floors. Also hate how you cant tell if you are running into one or away from one.

Gun Balance - Out of all BF games this one has got it so so so very wrong. I'm now starting to doubt my abilities to aim because I cant hit a fucking thing. SMGs are shit at medium to long ranges (unless in the hands of an enemy shooting at me). Shotguns are too fucking inconsistent. Medic rifles hipfire is woeful and are so inaccurate at medium to long ranges (unless in the hands of an enemy shooting at me). Snipers are the only "fun" class - which is why every game is full of them and you never get revived or tanks never get any pressure on them. I have never felt like so many kills are such utter bs in a game before.

Bayonet Charge & Melee - its absolutely ridiculous that you can deal 95% damage to someone and they still get to charge and lock onto you like a magnet for the bayonet kill. This is what I'd do to fix it

• They should make the 1 hit kill animation thing only from the back
      • make a counter so there is some risk to use it rather than people spamming it
      • run slower when you take damage or;
      • stab animation does not activate when you take damage

I have been in that many gun fights and lost to the dude spamming melee that im almost convinced there is an auto melee hack people are using which activates the kill automatically when you are in a certain range.

Mortars - too quick for the cool down and 5 shots is even too much ammo.

Tanks - I don't know if I'm so unlucky when I join a team.... But the enemy always has a tank rolling up to the points to support their infantry and we never seem to have any of our own to help out. Friendly tanks are always way behind the fight spamming at some sniper cross the map. I want to play other classes than assault, but its just you never get any respite from the tanks and no one does anything about them.

Other than that there are still all the legacy bugs like getting stuck on terrain, clipping issues when firing over cover, netcode issues. The list goes on. This game has got so many issues and it will die very quickly unless DICE do something soon. The novelty of a new game will wear off just as quick as it did for hardline.

I am now torn between holding out for patches and balances, or just giving up and getting a refund. This game just frustrates me to no end which is such a pity as this game is by far the best looking and best sounding game I have ever played.

I also would really like the devs to release videos like they do with overwatch explaining some of the games mechanics and the thinking behind it... might help me make a decision if I know DICE acknowledges the faults and states that they are working on fixes.
      Last edited by IamTriggerHappy; 28-10-2016 at 01:07 AM.
      IamTriggerHappy | Head of Treasury & Clan Accounts | Email | Steam Profile | Sons of Valour

10. The following users like this post:

Server Administrator
      Clan Member
      Mood:
      Piratey

Battlelog
      Pirate_Radio
      dont take this as a personal attack trigger, i do not mean for it to come across that way, i just want to see you enjoy the game a little more. But dont u think you are being excessively cynical toward your opinion of the game. I think you are picking it apart a little too much and not enjoying it for what it is. From your first post about the beta you only focused on negative aspects of the game and then have have had a go at the company and anyone who preordered the game, including me in other instances. As stated in another thread negativity breeds negativity and i dont think it helps anyone to be so nonconstructive, especially being as you are, a high council member of an exclusively battlefield and csgo clan as it stands now.

I might remind you that it was YOU that talked me into getting bf4 after i expressed the same doubts you are expressing now, and you said yeah it has issues but they fixed alot of them in updates, i bought the game on your advice and loved it. Allow me to return the favour, you too can have fun playing this game if you look past alot of the issues. I want you to know that i know emotions get misconstrued over text on a forum but believe me when i say i mean this as a friendly reminder that we just want to have fun playing bf1 with hopefully you involved.

Having said that, I agree with you about the mortars but their range is very short. I have managed to take care of mortar spammers quite easily as once you locate them they are quite easily to dispatch as they are within shooting range. Except in the argonne forest map due to the fact of the impassable terrain between points.

Yes the mp 18 is hard to aim at a distance but close range the destroy other classes, i usually ignore targets at medium or more distance and try to flank them.. I also have more success using the medic weapons in single fire mode. even when hip firing. Their recoil is almost non existent and i think you may have better success using the ones with the optical sights as well. I agree i found them quite hard to control in auto.

I havent fully worked out the bayonet charge dynamics either but have had a few fun kills where ill run away and have them chase around a corner. Ill 180 and start a charge and surprise stab them as soon as they appear from the corner. Ive also found pulling out a pistol is better than trying to melee unless they have their back to you as the basic melee weapons only do 30-60 damage.

12. The following user likes this post:

High Council
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Wtf

Battlelog
      IamTriggerHappy
      Quote Originally Posted by Pirate_Radio View Post
      dont take this as a personal attack trigger, i do not mean for it to come across that way, i just want to see you enjoy the game a little more. But dont u think you are being excessively cynical toward your opinion of the game. I think you are picking it apart a little too much and not enjoying it for what it is. From your first post about the beta you only focused on negative aspects of the game and then have have had a go at the company and anyone who preordered the game, including me in other instances. As stated in another thread negativity breeds negativity and i dont think it helps anyone to be so nonconstructive, especially being as you are, a high council member of an exclusively battlefield and csgo clan as it stands now.

I might remind you that it was YOU that talked me into getting bf4 after i expressed the same doubts you are expressing now, and you said yeah it has issues but they fixed alot of them in updates, i bought the game on your advice and loved it. Allow me to return the favour, you too can have fun playing this game if you look past alot of the issues. I want you to know that i know emotions get misconstrued over text on a forum but believe me when i say i mean this as a friendly reminder that we just want to have fun playing bf1 with hopefully you involved.

Having said that, I agree with you about the mortars but their range is very short. I have managed to take care of mortar spammers quite easily as once you locate them they are quite easily to dispatch as they are within shooting range. Except in the argonne forest map due to the fact of the impassable terrain between points.

Yes the mp 18 is hard to aim at a distance but close range the destroy other classes, i usually ignore targets at medium or more distance and try to flank them.. I also have more success using the medic weapons in single fire mode. even when hip firing. Their recoil is almost non existent and i think you may have better success using the ones with the optical sights as well. I agree i found them quite hard to control in auto.

I havent fully worked out the bayonet charge dynamics either but have had a few fun kills where ill run away and have them chase around a corner. Ill 180 and start a charge and surprise stab them as soon as they appear from the corner. Ive also found pulling out a pistol is better than trying to melee unless they have their back to you as the basic melee weapons only do 30-60 damage.

Your post doesn't come across as a personal attack at all so no need to tread on egg shells mate.... I have thicker skin than perhaps my previous posts in this thread suggests.

Appreciate your words and attempts to help me enjoy the game. At this point I think I someone's help coz I'm just not getting it on my own.

I have been thinking about how BF1 compares to BF3 and BF4. Thinking back to BF3.... i fucking loved that game. I've never had so much enjoyment from an online game in my life. It was so much fun. SoV played it so much together pub stomping 24/7 metro servers, we had 2 active teams in competition for a while there too... even though it was buggy and had so many issues as well.

When BF4 released I was hopeful for an improvement in both visual and audio, plus an improvement in game play from BF3. I admit, I had fun at the start. Here's a video I made of "Fun times with Hairy and CZee". You can hear it in my voice that I was having fun.

However, the fun started wearing off. I got sick of the netcode issues, the dying around corners, the bull shit weapon gimmicks like airburst, remote controlled mortars, the flying plane drone thing. It's frustrating to die to something that has no counter, or something that can be abused / spammed. But in addition to that there were changes like massively reducing the TTK to cater for the COD kiddies that made BF4 not feel like a BF game. Although BF4 was a beautiful looking game, I got sick of poor core game play mechanics, and probably felt let down that this game I had been playing since BF1942 wasn't how it "should" be.

Now with BF1 these same issues with core game play seem to be still existent. I'm still not having fun and not feeling refreshed after BF4. There is not enough good things to balance out the frustrating things for me like there was in BF3 (and to some extent BF4). I'm not even recording my game play as a memento of "good times".

It feels as though they have built a beautiful game, and made the core game play mechanics to fit around it, rather than the other way around.

I so badly want to enjoy this game, but I just haven't had anything near like the experiences in the linked video above.
      Last edited by IamTriggerHappy; 28-10-2016 at 12:30 PM.

14. The following user likes this post:

XiSTNZ 

Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Wtf

Battlelog
      lll-Griffsta-lll
      Thanks for the update Trigger. It's those legacy bugs that you have said that will stop me from buying the game.