High Council
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Piratey

Battlelog
      Protius_hF
      Quote Originally Posted by IamTriggerHappy View Post
      So I bought BF1 and I have to say honestly I think it was a mistake.

A few things that get me angry....

Gas grenades - Far far far too many in the game. They last too long, and permeate through walls and floors. Also hate how you cant tell if you are running into one or away from one.

Gun Balance - Out of all BF games this one has got it so so so very wrong. I'm now starting to doubt my abilities to aim because I cant hit a fucking thing. SMGs are shit at medium to long ranges (unless in the hands of an enemy shooting at me). Shotguns are too fucking inconsistent. Medic rifles hipfire is woeful and are so inaccurate at medium to long ranges (unless in the hands of an enemy shooting at me). Snipers are the only "fun" class - which is why every game is full of them and you never get revived or tanks never get any pressure on them. I have never felt like so many kills are such utter bs in a game before.

Bayonet Charge & Melee - its absolutely ridiculous that you can deal 95% damage to someone and they still get to charge and lock onto you like a magnet for the bayonet kill. This is what I'd do to fix it

• They should make the 1 hit kill animation thing only from the back
      • make a counter so there is some risk to use it rather than people spamming it
      • run slower when you take damage or;
      • stab animation does not activate when you take damage

I have been in that many gun fights and lost to the dude spamming melee that im almost convinced there is an auto melee hack people are using which activates the kill automatically when you are in a certain range.

Mortars - too quick for the cool down and 5 shots is even too much ammo.

Tanks - I don't know if I'm so unlucky when I join a team.... But the enemy always has a tank rolling up to the points to support their infantry and we never seem to have any of our own to help out. Friendly tanks are always way behind the fight spamming at some sniper cross the map. I want to play other classes than assault, but its just you never get any respite from the tanks and no one does anything about them.

Other than that there are still all the legacy bugs like getting stuck on terrain, clipping issues when firing over cover, netcode issues. The list goes on. This game has got so many issues and it will die very quickly unless DICE do something soon. The novelty of a new game will wear off just as quick as it did for hardline.

I am now torn between holding out for patches and balances, or just giving up and getting a refund. This game just frustrates me to no end which is such a pity as this game is by far the best looking and best sounding game I have ever played.

I also would really like the devs to release videos like they do with overwatch explaining some of the games mechanics and the thinking behind it... might help me make a decision if I know DICE acknowledges the faults and states that they are working on fixes.
      I agree with you on a lot of points especially on the balance, they need to tweak a lot of things.

-The grenade spam in this game is on par with that of what lockers had so there is defiantly in need of changes there.
      -gas grenades.... I hate these things not so much due to what they do but lets be honest you put a mask on how the hell is that stopping me from ads'ing ummmm hello its a mask not a steel bar connected between my neck and gun not allowing me to bring the 2 together
      - the gun mechanics.. I have struggled with this a lot and am not sure why but it is a case of learning how to shoot all over again which sucks.
      I have noticed a few inconsistencies with the guns and the sights, especially with the medic class.
      The smg's do suck at anything more than 20-30 m though just means I have to flank which actually I have been enjoying that and hip-firing those bad boys
      -Bayonet Charges oh how I hate these especially when the lurch the last 1-2 m at you and they are left with 5 health and you have been laying into them.... I don't think it needs to be removed but if you lay into them they should slow down.
      - Mortars should have a longer cool down before redeploys
      - fighting tanks sucks when no one else is going for it I feel your pain. but have had my best kills with the old land mines pkslayer can attest to that

2. The following users like this post:

Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Cool

my 2c - i suggest y'all don't give up just yet.

there are lots of SOV lads who are picking it up (looking from the roll-call list) i intend to get it this weekend. my reasoning is primarily for the ability to play with you lads and squad up.

I didn't play the older BF games, BF3 was my first. when BF4 came out i was devastated and eventually stopped playing. however when i went back to the game after a little while they'd fixed the issues and the game was brilliant. i played it quite a bit over recent months and had a great time.

it sucks that we can't have a 'perfect' game from release...the commercials of modern franchise gaming releases like BF, COD etc mean they'll pump them out, people WILL pay money for it and companies WILL continue to pump them out.

i too hope in time they get better and better with their releases but i think from what i'm seeing online and reviews, the issues with BF1 are not GAME-BREAKING they seem primarily to be balance issues, tweaks and refinement...but we'll see

when you look at the scale, quality and impressiveness of a game like BF1, i can't help but wonder there will always be SOMETHING that can be improved upon. but i think we can be confident that DICE won't be sitting on their laurels and many of these things will be patched out quickly.

a game like BF1 for me will always need time for 1) developer tweaks and 2) we as players learn the game mechanics and how to play it effectively.

e.g. when you're squadding with mates, you can at least work together on things like bringing anti-tank equipment and PTFO'ing....1-2 good squads CAN win games ...however playing solo queue it's luck of the draw really.

anyway, i haven't yet actually played the game but watching plenty of videos, reviews and other resource (including this forum) to make sure i'm content with my decision because i too was in the "wait for a bit" camp earlier... but i'm looking forward to it now so fingers crossed my pc can actually run it effectively!!
      Last edited by Splinter; 28-10-2016 at 06:44 PM.

4. The following users like this post:

Mood:
      Awesome

Battlelog
      BogzillaR
      at the end of the day, despite everybodies thoughts at least we can all agree on bf1 being better stability wise in launch week then both 3,4

I prefer the world war games, others may not, i may have had less issues then others that is another story.

All im going to say is no game or any form of entertainment is ever going to truly satisfy its entire audience, however given DICE as a studios ability and there efforts in cleaning up BF4, id say the lifespan of BF1 will truly shine.

To myself the gun dynamics and hitreg feel as sharp as the ww2 shooters of old, possibly smg have more spread which may factor down to the time period of the early 1900's.

there is already a major balancing patch in the works as noted by jackfrags.

Clan Member
      Mood:
      Tired

Quote Originally Posted by Protius_hF View Post

-gas grenades.... I hate these things not so much due to what they do but lets be honest you put a mask on how the hell is that stopping me from ads'ing ummmm hello its a mask not a steel bar connected between my neck and gun not allowing me to bring the 2 together
      True but I love how they make snipers move around more, just toss one where a sniper is and the little bugger cant shoot me (i may have a vendetta against snipers from hardcord bf4 though )
      - the gun mechanics.. I have struggled with this a lot and am not sure why but it is a case of learning how to shoot all over again which sucks.
      I have noticed a few inconsistencies with the guns and the sights, especially with the medic class.
      The smg's do suck at anything more than 20-30 m though just means I have to flank which actually I have been enjoying that and hip-firing those bad boys
      Great fun to get in close, the mp1918 experimental and the optical are the only assault classes I find can hit at range but a lot of tap firing for me, love the medic guns all of them
      -Bayonet Charges oh how I hate these especially when the lurch the last 1-2 m at you and they are left with 5 health and you have been laying into them.... I don't think it needs to be removed but if you lay into them they should slow down.
      I also find the knifing or melee animation bugged a lot of the time and find that I am just shaking my head on why it didn't work

To be honest the game is just fun, sometimes its frustrating and annoying and I know I haven't really been in the sov teamspeak much, but playing the game in domination and the pigeon mode mainly has made it fun for me. with 5 people together and playing pigeon it makes it hell fun.

Mortars I find annoying in any game, though I use them sometimes I find just keeping on the move stops a lot of the mortar spam hitting me.

On a positive note though, bayonet charging people is fun I loved trying to charge down Dazz last night and the ability is refreshing as much as how annoying it is. I get the "yes I got that guy" feeling followed by "shit im out in the open" feeling a lot with it
      Last edited by Rehv; 29-10-2016 at 10:09 AM.

Mood:
      Cool

Battlelog
      SoV-GreenBeret
      people love killing me so much ah reg

Recruit
      Mood:
      Hungry

Battlelog
      B1indGunn3r
      Quote Originally Posted by bogzillar View Post
      at the end of the day, despite everybodies thoughts at least we can all agree on bf1 being better stability wise in launch week then both 3,4.
      Certainly agree with you there

I dare say BF1 is the smoothest release launch out of the entire franchise!

9. The following user likes this post:

High Council
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Hungry

Battlelog
      Hairy_Eagle
      Hello Friends

Just expierenced a bf1 bug after installing new audio drivers, bf1 reverts your audio play back to your monitor :/

all play back devices were correct, the only way to fix it was to disable your monitor audio device then restart.

worked fine after that.

Thought I would post this for anyone that has the same issue or will have this problem.
      Hairy_Eagle | Head of Recruitment | Email | Battlelog Profile | CyberGamer Profile

High Council
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Wtf

Battlelog
      IamTriggerHappy
      Quote Originally Posted by Hairy_Eagle View Post
      Hello Friends

Just expierenced a bf1 bug after installing new audio drivers, bf1 reverts your audio play back to your monitor :/

all play back devices were correct, the only way to fix it was to disable your monitor audio device then restart.

worked fine after that.

Thought I would post this for anyone that has the same issue or will have this problem.
      nVidia drivers do this pretty much every time I update
      IamTriggerHappy | Head of Treasury & Clan Accounts | Email | Steam Profile | Sons of Valour

High Council
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Hungry

Battlelog
      Hairy_Eagle
      Quote Originally Posted by Hairy_Eagle View Post
      Hello Friends

worked fine after that.

Scrap that, It worked then no sound again. lameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeee
      Hairy_Eagle | Head of Recruitment | Email | Battlelog Profile | CyberGamer Profile

Mood:
      Awesome

Battlelog
      BogzillaR
      when installing drivers, Use DDU to completely wipe all traces of driver. Also if your monitor is connected via HDMI, when installing the driver go for the custom option and uncheck hdmi audio driver.

(running Xonar DX) hope this helps.

14. The following user likes this post: