• User Tag List

Thread: BF1 DeviceRemoved crash

Clan Member
      Mood:
      ----

Battlelog
      bucky699

BF1 DeviceRemoved crash

So i've been hit by the dreaded crash, only happens on BF1, cant even get into the game at the moment, had it once before thought i fixed it but obviously its back.

So anyone else had it? Found a fix for it maybe? Tried most the suggestions out there, u kno make sure vsync is on, turn off overlay and all that jaz. its not my drivers i've done a clean install, DX is up to date and functioning properly.

Any suggestions? Prob have to put my clan aplication on hold till i can get this fixed cause its the only multiplayer game i play atm

High Council
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Godly

Battlelog
      VoItstriker
      Try this: https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf...5231838604470/

Try this: http://i.imgur.com/UwpCw9X.png

Make sure DX12 isn't enabled, if you have overclocked your GPU try restoring it or consider underclocking it if it is factory OC'd.

This is an error that a lot of people get; there isn't a concrete resolution for it as it is an issue with the way BF1 interacts with the card. I used to get this occasionally in BF3 and 4 but it went away after some time, have had it a couple of times with BF1.
      Voltstriker | Head of Clan Systems & Servers | Email | Battlelog Profile | CyberGamer Profile

Clan Member
      Mood:
      ----

Battlelog
      bucky699
      Second one wont work as i am AMD not Nvidia, but i will try the first thanks Volt

Server Administrator
      Clan Member
      Mood:
      Piratey

Battlelog
      Pirate_Radio
      i have had this crash many times. there are a few fixes as its different for everyone. but i guarantee its to do with your sound. go to your audio devices and disable all of the multiple sound devices that the amd drivers have created except for the one you use. The ones to disable should generically be called digital display audio.

otherwise follow the steps in the 4th reply to this one... http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...0494189694693/

there is another fix where you need to go into your registry and change the timeout of crashes. however this i think is for device reset rather than device remove.

try my first solution then play. i dont think u will need the rest unless you get a device reset crash.

edit: i also forgot to add, every time u install a new amd driver, download the .exe and ddu (display driver uninstall). go to safe mode and remove the old driver, reset when it asks then reinstall the new driver after bootup. This i think helps with not creating a whole bunch of new generic audio devices.
      Last edited by Pirate_Radio; 24-12-2016 at 07:28 PM.

Clan Member
      Mood:
      ----

Battlelog
      bucky699
      Hey Pirate those drivers didnt work out, any chance you can throw me your backups like we discussed. See how far they go back, are you using Catalyst still or Crimson?

Server Administrator
      Clan Member
      Mood:
      Piratey

Battlelog
      Pirate_Radio
      im on crimson 16.11.3 i havent updated mid november. ive also got the installation files going back through sept although i have a catalyst from aug from when i was having the same issues as u. i have the win10 64bit versions though

Clan Member
      Mood:
      ----

Battlelog
      bucky699
      I managed to get my hands on a working 16.3 which was supposedly very stable for BF1 so gunna try it out tonight

Clan Member
      Mood:
      ----

Battlelog
      bucky699
      looks like i managed to fix it, played 2 rounds without issues, so lets hope it keeps up