• User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BF4 Imbalance

Clan Member
      Mood:
      ----

Battlelog
      I_Silk_I
      The AA canon doesn't need an ammo limiter, it needs a range limiter like every other weapon in the game. I.e. 0-300m full dmg, 300-500m 3/4 and 500+ 1/4 or half.

Accuracy at range also needs adjusting, more recoil/spread imo.

Mood:
      ----

Battlelog
      habergowd
      Attack helicopter (at this point we might as well call it hellicopter) imbalance is just ridiculous.

I wrote a little comment on reddit about vehicle imbalance.
      What I would do, is remove stingers from the game entirely, along with active radar missiles. Give the passive radar ones a longer reload, and give back below radar. RPGs and SMAWs should be a one hit kill, as well as the SRAW. Javelins with laser designation should be a OHK as well.
      Give the MAA a lot less armour. Buff the smart rockets. Give the MAV an option to be a laser designator.
      For tanks, the balance is fine in my opinion, except the HE shell needs a shorter reload. LAVs need a buff on the passenger seats, personally, I'd give the passengers a grenade launcher (like one of those that was in the Aftermath DLC vehicles), so it's a viable option to be a passenger in the LAV.
      Scout choppers need a shorter reload for the 25mm cannons, and the reload rate shouldn't be multiplied, it should be the same, doesn't matter how many engineers are repairing it. Stealth jets need a buff against attack jets. I'd give them TV missiles, since with stealth, they can deliver surprise shots. Attack jets need their JDAMs to be buffed, TVs removed, 30mm cannons to be nerfed. Stealth jets would be perfectly fine with those active radar missiles. It would make a good balance. TOW missile on the ATK heli needs to be somewhat viable. Give the gunner SOFLAM and flares (so the gunner can choose between them). Lased TOWs should make a mobility hit and do 35 damage. IGLAs are perfectly fine, since they need somewhat of a skill to hold the lock.

About weapon imbalance.
      SRR-61, as much as I love it, is incredibly superior to anything else. It has little to no bullet drop, fastest projectile speed, etc.
      REX and Magnum is perfectly fine. The delay is only there to replicate the IRL mechanics (and make Trigger mad)
      ARs are fine IMO. PDWs... I didn't play with them. I'll grind through them once I get my hands on dat AS VAL.
      Carbines are fine.
      LMGs need an accuracy nerf, or spread increase.

Can't think of anything more.

Mood:
      Sneaky

Battlelog
      SoV-FeralWIFI
      Quote Originally Posted by habergowd View Post
      Attack helicopter (at this point we might as well call it hellicopter) imbalance is just ridiculous.

I wrote a little comment on reddit about vehicle imbalance.
      What I would do, is remove stingers from the game entirely, along with active radar missiles. Give the passive radar ones a longer reload, and give back below radar. RPGs and SMAWs should be a one hit kill, as well as the SRAW. Javelins with laser designation should be a OHK as well.
      Give the MAA a lot less armour. Buff the smart rockets. Give the MAV an option to be a laser designator.
      For tanks, the balance is fine in my opinion, except the HE shell needs a shorter reload. LAVs need a buff on the passenger seats, personally, I'd give the passengers a grenade launcher (like one of those that was in the Aftermath DLC vehicles), so it's a viable option to be a passenger in the LAV.
      Scout choppers need a shorter reload for the 25mm cannons, and the reload rate shouldn't be multiplied, it should be the same, doesn't matter how many engineers are repairing it. Stealth jets need a buff against attack jets. I'd give them TV missiles, since with stealth, they can deliver surprise shots. Attack jets need their JDAMs to be buffed, TVs removed, 30mm cannons to be nerfed. Stealth jets would be perfectly fine with those active radar missiles. It would make a good balance. TOW missile on the ATK heli needs to be somewhat viable. Give the gunner SOFLAM and flares (so the gunner can choose between them). Lased TOWs should make a mobility hit and do 35 damage. IGLAs are perfectly fine, since they need somewhat of a skill to hold the lock.

About weapon imbalance.
      SRR-61, as much as I love it, is incredibly superior to anything else. It has little to no bullet drop, fastest projectile speed, etc.
      REX and Magnum is perfectly fine. The delay is only there to replicate the IRL mechanics (and make Trigger mad)
      ARs are fine IMO. PDWs... I didn't play with them. I'll grind through them once I get my hands on dat AS VAL.
      Carbines are fine.
      LMGs need an accuracy nerf, or spread increase.

Can't think of anything more.
      I wouldn't say that the srr is overpowered. The thing is that it has a very slow fire rate in comparison to say the m40a5, and most other rifles. They could buff most of the other sniper rifle fire rates by 4-6 rpm to balance.

The issue with the magnum is it makes you lose literally every head to head gunfight as you are dead by the time it fires, they are several arguments that I can make against its "realism" ie, always enter a fight with the hammer pulled back.

Also stealth jets need their damage pretty much doubled.

And the maa needs to have active radar either removed, or have its range reduced to 250-400 metres, and reload time doubled.

All attack heli ammo, gunner or main, needs an extra magazine.

Mood:
      Sneaky

Battlelog
      SoV-FeralWIFI
      Definitely agree, except the active radar either needs to be removed, or go by the rules you listed, AND have the reload speed doubled.

Mood:
      Sneaky

Battlelog
      SoV-FeralWIFI
      Butt frustration hyperdrive jimmy rustle sharknado.