High Council
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Godly

Battlelog
      VoItstriker

The day has finally come...

So yeah, the day has finally come to move on from my old computer made of weetbix and cardboard into one that can actually do shit.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, especially towards the cooling aspect. I know nothing of watercooling so if you have any suggestions for that it would be great.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?...s&wlcId=246818

Cheers
      Voltstriker | Head of Clan Systems & Servers | Email | Battlelog Profile | CyberGamer Profile

High Council
      BF Captain
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Godly

Battlelog
      XiSTNZ-HB
      h80i has adjustable sliders on the mount. if they are stuck both cut the plastic template and use a little bit of force.

Mood:
      ----

I am not the most experienced with watercooling myself but FrozenCPU is a great place to get parts for water setups. If I recall correctly, the H100i is the one that can be taken apart and expanded to water cool more components.

Additionally, I have a few suggestions and questions regarding the build:

Any particular reason for going with LGA2011?

Any particular reason for getting that mobo? Its more expensive than the CPU. Its the second most expensive component in your rig.

Why 2133 RAM? The real world performance difference between 1333 and even 2400 is negligible. I would recommend getting 1600 instead.

And that case. I would recommend getting the Corsair 750D. Great case. Perfect for watercooling. I have one myself and it is a beauty.

Mood:
      Sneaky

Battlelog
      SoV-FeralWIFI
      I think he means full on custom-loop with pumps, and reservoirs cooling. (NVM he's thinking of both.)
      Last edited by FeralFoxTrot; 28-12-2013 at 02:48 AM.

Mood:
      Sneaky

Battlelog
      SoV-FeralWIFI
      And whatever you did to your ssd, don't do that.

Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Happy

Battlelog
      SoV-Avaricenz
      So happy for you mate

High Council
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Godly

Battlelog
      VoItstriker
      Changed shit around to make less expensive XD
      Voltstriker | Head of Clan Systems & Servers | Email | Battlelog Profile | CyberGamer Profile

Mood:
      ----

Just a couple of things:

Do you really need to spend $289 on the Dominator Platinum. Fine. I understand that you want good high speed ram but why this one?

Corsair Vengeance 1866 Cas 9 RAM $219

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?...ducts_id=22635

Why not this? Saves $70 and same performance.

And, this is subjective but, I recommend the G400S as a mouse. Best mouse I've ever had and I've had quite a few. Great shape. Fantastic warranty. And the best sensor of all mice. Literally.

Mood:
      Sneaky

Battlelog
      SoV-FeralWIFI
      Agree on all. You know there are other mice with the same sensor right? Zowie fk, roccat kone pure optical, razer deathadder 2013, And I'm pretty sure the rival has the same. Quite a few with the avago 3090. But I can't argue the g400s. Never seen such a good mouse for so little money, and it's way lighter, I couldn't use the rival, or g400s though. 130 grams is just too heavy for me.
      Last edited by FeralFoxTrot; 29-12-2013 at 02:16 PM.

Mood:
      Sneaky

Battlelog
      SoV-FeralWIFI
      (Sorry for double post, but separate people, and separate topics) Volt, I would change the power supply for a corsair rm850. Slightly more expensive, but modular, which will help airflow.

And you might want to invest in a 120-144hz monitor. Give that card a workout. Some good ones: benQ xl2420t, benQ xl2411t (Budget version of the one before, same panel less gimmicks) And the Asus vg248qe.

(BIG EDIT: Volt, as for cooling, one thing is missing. The case comes with three fans, a top, front, and rear fan. These would provide acceptable cooling, however the case supports more, and you could use higher quality fans, like corsairs if you dont like leds, or coolermasters if you do. There are two ways to set up cooling in a case.

Positive pressure, and negative pressure. Negative pressure is essentially a vacuum. More air exhausting then going in. This is generally not a good idea as it increases dust buildup and maintenance. Positive pressure is obviously more air coming in.

Now this could get confusing.

When you think about the physics, (Hot air rises) You would want clean, cool air coming in from the bottom. But if you make the air blow in a direction, ie bottom right to top left. Then it whisks away alot of hot air towards the top. Which would allow you to intake from your top fan, (which is also your h100i's radiator) and not have it polluted by hot air. So intake front bottom, in take top, exhaust top back. This setup works very well for me.

I have a 200mm front fan, 140 top, 140 rear. And this format keeps my hdd, and ssd under 30 degrees at all times (I do like in a quite cool place though) And with stock cooling, except my factory oc gpu, every thing else is constantly below 65 degrees unless I push it.(Benchmarks) You will have a liquid cooler so you can expect temps a lot lower than my cpu's though.
      Last edited by FeralFoxTrot; 30-12-2013 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Air physics and fan cooling setups