• User Tag List

Thread: State of Battlefield - July 2014

Clan Member
      Mood:
      ----

Battlelog
      crusader-nz

State of Battlefield - July 2014

Well seems much more stable, less sound glitches for me.

Still get no motor sounds sometimes when initially accelerating in tanks and boats.

Still on the downside, a lot of bs where im dying after taking cover due to latency compo and client side hit detection..

Seems that EA is still moving on with other games and leaving BF4 unpatched. I don't think I will be purchasing front line or any subsequent title until I see the underlying mechanics have been sufficiently improved.

What does everyone else think?

Server Administrator
      Clan Member
      Mood:
      Piratey

Battlelog
      Pirate_Radio
      i think everyone gets the lack of noise from vehicles. particularly at the beginning of the round.

have u turned up the local tickrate in your settings? i still die behind cover occasionally but nowhere near as much as before. i see them firing at me now before the screen goes black. so its much better

Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Enraged

Battlelog
      MrSoundGuy
      Holy sheeit, you're alive bby
      I am Goofen

High Council
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Godly

Battlelog
      VoItstriker
      You obviously haven't played the CTE - a lot of issues are being addressed in there. The loss of sound in vehicles at the start of rounds is not an issue at all - its you trying to find fault in the game. I mean seriously, its only a few seconds upon initial acceleration then it comes back - its not as if shits going to happen straight away or the actual sounds matters much. Yes its an issue, but it is not game breaking at all.

The "bad netcode" is actually not that bad - issues that you may be getting are probably due to the server. The issues you describe sound like a shitty server - are you playing on large sized servers (64 player)? Large, populated servers always cause lag. Our scrim server it is fine - I get next to no issues at all. The only issue I get is when my net is messing up and giving me packet loss. Pub servers are always shit.

Your comment about leaving BF4 unpatched I don't agree with entirely - if they were completely focusing more on the new BF title coming out, why would they introduce the CTE? Wouldn't that create more of a hassle for them? No, its because they want to improve the game to a playable level even if it's only because they want to raise the communities opinion of them - regardless of what it is, they are still addressing issues with the game. They are not abandoning it.
      Voltstriker | Head of Clan Systems & Servers | Email | Battlelog Profile | CyberGamer Profile

Clan Member
      Mood:
      ----

Battlelog
      crusader-nz
      Quote Originally Posted by MrPoliceMan View Post
      Holy sheeit, you're alive bby
      Of course I am alive. Crusader never dies.

I pop in now and then. Mainly playing mods for Medieval 2 right now (Stainless Steel 6.4 + SSHIP).
      The clan / community here seems to be in good hands with the current HC, so I am happy.

Currently waiting for the sequel for BF2142 for my time to come around again.

That is if Dice / EA are actually going to do a good job on subsequent titles.

BANNED
      Mood:
      ----

Battlelog
      pewpew-tweaK
      Quote Originally Posted by Crusader-NZ View Post
      Of course I am alive. Crusader never dies.

Currently waiting for the sequel for BF2142 for my time to come around again.
      You and me both

Recruit
      Mood:
      ----

Battlelog
      TriVial-AU
      I'm still finding it odd that BF4 says I was killed by someone with a gun when I'm pretty sure it was either a grenade, mortar or ucav.

(ie, kill cam shows someone on the other side of the map and behind walls, who has an active mortar and says I will killed by an assault rifle)

Server stability over the last few weeks has been an issue also I think, but maybe it's just the servers I was playing on.