• Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • User Tag List

Collapse This Block

This Thread Has Been Closed

There has been no reason given for the thread being closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking a break..

Clan Member
      Mood:
      ----

Battlelog
      crusader-nz
      Quote Originally Posted by MrPoliceMan View Post
      Cru i'm not being rude however as of late a large majority of your statements has been regarding the negative aspects of the game. You just stated your gun stops firing randomly, now that sounds like a ridiculous statement to make about any FPS game to have as a bug, and if i'm honest i've never had more than 70% of the problems that you have allegedly had. Which leads me to question you regarding your PC set up as i suspect that may be the cause to your problems with battlefield.

Mapely cs go is 4 scrublords
      Don't get me wrong.
      When the game runs fine, then I am happy.

However I have been playing since BF 1942 (the first title) and have witnessed the rise and subsequent slump with titles coming out of DICE.

Regardless of reason etc, they are essentially doing a shit job now.

My feelings are a combination of three things:

1) Rinse and repeat of modern combat.
      -Each revision, engine tweaks, some new skins... another ~$100 thanks.
      -Has been no major overhauls since the jump from 2142. (there used to be a significant overhaul every 2 years)

2) Stability.
      -Each of the previous titles were more stable on launch than BF3 and BF4.
      -Still to this date DICE break shit weekly, even when fixing other issues. I mean SHIT... does not one beta test this before releasing?

3) Gameplay.
      -Cant seem to reside in a chopper for 5 seconds without being painted by a hundred bloody tracking rockets in this game. Takes all the skill out of it.
      -Client side hit detection still one of the worst decisions of all time.
      -Seems to have lost that spark which distinguished battlefield from other titles.

Sure. I am a bit bitter and negative about BF4.

But why wouldn't I be?
      -I spent my hard earned money on the game plus premium.
      -I then have to endure frustrating bugs because EA isn't beta testing.
      -Battlefield series was my favourite, but its now like an STD lol. (Good time, resulting in an unenjoyable aftermath.)
      -I expect the game to be patched pronto, but instead keep hearing about them working on frontline...

Clan Member
      Mood:
      ----

Battlelog
      crusader-nz
      Oh and just for the record. I am very good with PCs, networking etc.

PC is very clean, tidy and optimised.
      Game bug was experiences by other people at the time too.

Clan Member
      Mood:
      Crying

Battlelog
      RudeKostry
      Hello Crusader, we don't know each other but I can tell we are going to be good friends.

I am not one for defending things like this but I am bored and you raise some interesting points that I would like to explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader-NZ View Post
      Regardless of reason etc, they are essentially doing a shit job now.
      no, not really. CTE is a great idea and is making the game much nicer to play so I would say they are going a good job now.. (months late but better late than never)

1) Rinse and repeat of modern combat.
      -Each revision, engine tweaks, some new skins... another ~$100 thanks.
      -Has been no major overhauls since the jump from 2142. (there used to be a significant overhaul every 2 years)
      Well you cannot really talk down the rinse and repeat formula when you enjoyed 2142 (I assume) seeing as pretty much the same engine was used in 1942, Vietnam, 2 and 2142.
      Not liking the modern combat theme is more personal opinion, personally I would rather it all be based in Vietnam as that is clearly the greatest for games.

3) Gameplay.
      -Cant seem to reside in a chopper for 5 seconds without being painted by a hundred bloody tracking rockets in this game. Takes all the skill out of it.
      -Client side hit detection still one of the worst decisions of all time.
      -Seems to have lost that spark which distinguished battlefield from other titles.
      Client side hit detection is actually just as good as server side in the long run, they just come with different side effects. the most well known from client side is dying behind a corner, whereas with server side it is the no damage bug when you shoot someone, blood comes out yet no damage is recorded. Client side also has the bonus of being able to play against other countries as ping difference in the game isn't as harsh (BF3 was much better at this than BF4).

-I then have to endure frustrating bugs because EA isn't beta testing.
      -I expect the game to be patched pronto, but instead keep hearing about them working on frontline...
      Not true, they do beta test but the game has a lot of crap in it so it is impossible to find everything before it gets given to everyone. Thousands of people playing everyday beat whatever DICE has (probably 2).
      The game is being patched, the next one is seemingly going to be the best one yet (my opinion after playing CTE the last 2 days). so their CTE program is clearly working well and supposedly a lot of the changes being made to BF4 are being brought into hardline as well.

Clan Member
      Mood:
      Drunk

Battlelog
      Surge-Reaver
      Don't defend a full released unfinished game boys

Clan Member
      Mood:
      Cool

Battlelog
      l-Maple-BANG-l
      can we not make this tread about bitching at bf4?

pls thanks.

Clan Member
      Mood:
      ----

Battlelog
      crusader-nz
      Quote Originally Posted by Squish View Post
      Hello Crusader, we don't know each other but I can tell we are going to be good friends.

I am not one for defending things like this but I am bored and you raise some interesting points that I would like to explain.

no, not really. CTE is a great idea and is making the game much nicer to play so I would say they are going a good job now.. (months late but better late than never)

Well you cannot really talk down the rinse and repeat formula when you enjoyed 2142 (I assume) seeing as pretty much the same engine was used in 1942, Vietnam, 2 and 2142.
      Not liking the modern combat theme is more personal opinion, personally I would rather it all be based in Vietnam as that is clearly the greatest for games.

Client side hit detection is actually just as good as server side in the long run, they just come with different side effects. the most well known from client side is dying behind a corner, whereas with server side it is the no damage bug when you shoot someone, blood comes out yet no damage is recorded. Client side also has the bonus of being able to play against other countries as ping difference in the game isn't as harsh (BF3 was much better at this than BF4).

Not true, they do beta test but the game has a lot of crap in it so it is impossible to find everything before it gets given to everyone. Thousands of people playing everyday beat whatever DICE has (probably 2).
      The game is being patched, the next one is seemingly going to be the best one yet (my opinion after playing CTE the last 2 days). so their CTE program is clearly working well and supposedly a lot of the changes being made to BF4 are being brought into hardline as well.

Hi Squish, I am Crus. Long time battlefield player and founded this community here (HC replaced me as leader).

I appreciate some of your points, there is definitely a compelling argument you put forth. However I definitely maintain that in my view, DICE have not maintained as enjoyable experience in the past few releases.
      Personally I believe they have gone downhill since targeting COD audience and Xbox / PS.

Also CTE... I get that it is helpful, but far too late. Besides EA / DICE should not have to rely so heavily on the community for beta testing.

Essentially they are cost cutting by using the community as test engineers.
      EA should be testing the games and releasing when ready. EA even acknowledged that QA was skipped.

Released games did not used to be this full of bugs or this unstable several years ago... not sure why its acceptable now? (Not having a go or anything just pointing it out.)

Would you expect a new car to be only half done?
      A new house?

Maybe I am too harsh, but as a customer I expect each release to be better than the prior.
      I expect much less bugs and much more stability - even on first release.

I will let this be the last comment on my feelings for BF3/4 and try not to repeat myself in other threads.

In the future however, I think I will treat the battlefield series (like all other EA titles) "caveat emptor".

Clan Member
      Mood:
      Cool

Battlelog
      l-Maple-BANG-l
      seriously, would you guys stop.

Clan Member
      Mood:
      Godly

Battlelog
      Kamaji63
      Quote Originally Posted by maple View Post