• Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • User Tag List

Collapse This Block

This Thread Has Been Closed

There has been no reason given for the thread being closed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taking a break..

Clan Member
      Mood:
      Cool

Battlelog
      l-Maple-BANG-l

Exclamation Taking a break..

Hey guys just letting you know I will be taking a break from bf4, at this current stage in the game i am really not happy that DICE hasn't improved anything (even though the September patch it coming). I have just had enough bf4 for a while and i will be not participating in anything to do with it. I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say, I will still be online just I'll most likely be playing CS:GO.
      Sorry for any inconveniences.

Sincerely,

Maple

(Side note: I will also not be around at all from October the 13th to December 7th because I am going to Thailand for 8 weeks with my school, no exams for me! )
      Last edited by Maple; 08-09-2014 at 04:41 PM. Reason: added

Clan Member
      Mood:
      ----

Battlelog
      crusader-nz
      I took another break as after a patch the other week, my gun will sometimes stop firing when on full auto.

Not good for combat, especially with LMG.

#F*** Dice

Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Enraged

Battlelog
      MrSoundGuy
      Cru i'm not being rude however as of late a large majority of your statements has been regarding the negative aspects of the game. You just stated your gun stops firing randomly, now that sounds like a ridiculous statement to make about any FPS game to have as a bug, and if i'm honest i've never had more than 70% of the problems that you have allegedly had. Which leads me to question you regarding your PC set up as i suspect that may be the cause to your problems with battlefield.

Mapely cs go is 4 scrublords
      I am Goofen

Mood:
      Sneaky

Battlelog
      SoV-FeralWIFI
      PoliceMan, I can understand why many people feel only the negativity in the game as there are still so many issues that it's hard to see the ones that Dice have dealt with. The netcode of course being greatly improved, to the extent that as an active bf3 player, it might be better than bf3's.

Most of the issues seem to be more apparent for conquest players. They are aggravated by the larger formats, and the vehicle balance is still very questionable in my opinion. I've almost entirely switched to tdm, domination, chainlink, and rush as a result. I guess it's a lot of reputation, and bad will from the slow rate of fixes, and the broken start that the game had, and still has.

See you in csgo maple, I know my time off from bf4 did me some good.

High Council
      BF Captain
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Godly

Battlelog
      XiSTNZ-HB
      Quote Originally Posted by MrPoliceMan View Post
      cs go is 4 scrublords

@feral I have more issues with the smaller format stuff (sfs) than I do conquest(cq). My hitreg on cq is often way better than it is on sfs. there are many other factors that can come into this, but as soundguy was trying to point out, the majority of the problems in this game seem to be due to the clients; connection, set up, play style, skill and a few other factors.

I can attest to the fact that these play a big part, especially connection, for about 1-2 months I was having absolutely terrible in game experience, because my net was slightly worse than it usually is, and this appeared to push me over the edge in game, to the point where nothing was working. (this was getting to the point where i was starting to question my own ability and starting to think that maybe i had just gotten terrible and lost the groove). But then just an average improvement in my net of ~2-4% put me back under this invisible threshold and I was able to actually kill things again.

What I am trying to say is that if you are finding that you are not getting any hit reg, try close anything and everything that could be affecting your net/restart router. this will be the major cause of your issues in my opinion.

If it is other problems with the game, try and figure out when they occur and either avoid those situations, or take a video and try and work out how to fix the bug and send it to dice. Taking a video and then providing steps for them to recreate the scene and recreate the bug over and over is the fastest way

Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Enraged

Battlelog
      MrSoundGuy
      Quote Originally Posted by XiSTNZ View Post

@feral I have more issues with the smaller format stuff (sfs) than I do conquest(cq). My hitreg on cq is often way better than it is on sfs. there are many other factors that can come into this, but as soundguy was trying to point out, the majority of the problems in this game seem to be due to the clients; connection, set up, play style, skill and a few other factors.

I can attest to the fact that these play a big part, especially connection, for about 1-2 months I was having absolutely terrible in game experience, because my net was slightly worse than it usually is, and this appeared to push me over the edge in game, to the point where nothing was working. (this was getting to the point where i was starting to question my own ability and starting to think that maybe i had just gotten terrible and lost the groove). But then just an average improvement in my net of ~2-4% put me back under this invisible threshold and I was able to actually kill things again.

What I am trying to say is that if you are finding that you are not getting any hit reg, try close anything and everything that could be affecting your net/restart router. this will be the major cause of your issues in my opinion.

If it is other problems with the game, try and figure out when they occur and either avoid those situations, or take a video and try and work out how to fix the bug and send it to dice. Taking a video and then providing steps for them to recreate the scene and recreate the bug over and over is the fastest way
      That link haha, but well said Joel.
      I am Goofen

Mood:
      Sneaky

Battlelog
      SoV-FeralWIFI
      Hmm, it's possible that I see more issues in the game modes I play less. I know I rarely touch conquest at 64 players, and played much more 64 cql when I was a worse player, with a worse setup. And thus I associate the old netcode with conquest.

But on the hitreg side, I feel I'm being held back largely by my connection. Being that I don't have a great line for a start, I know people down the road who get 20 less ping in speedtest, and in game. That I have relatively slow upload rate, but nothing unusual. And primarily that I am on wifi with a 5+ year old router. Leading to 20-40 percent loss according to speedtest, and netgraph in counterstrike.

(The latter game I find results in missed headshots, as if my character was moving, and has not registered that I have stopped. Or several shots leaving blood splatters and only registering one, or no hits.)

This would explain why some bullets don't reg with auto weapons, and that my accuracy feels much worse with the aek than the ace23 regardless of range, and control.

So obvious lesson of the day, play on ethernet if possible, especially if you have an old/shitty router. If not possible, locate nearest corner, assume fetal position, and activate Cry.WhyCantIBeLikeShadyAndGet4BulletKillsEvenThoug hImNotMissing.exe
      Last edited by FeralFoxTrot; 11-09-2014 at 11:07 AM.

High Council
      BF Captain
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Godly

Battlelog
      XiSTNZ-HB
      Quote Originally Posted by FeralFoxTrot View Post
      Cry.WhyCantIBeLikeShadyAndGet4BulletKillsEvenThoug hImNotMissing.exe
      ^

Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Enraged

Battlelog
      MrSoundGuy
      Why is there no more bad company 2 scrims Joel y u do dis

Come to think of it, fuck battlefield scrims or comp, move it over to dayz and make it 32/32, it will play better
      I am Goofen

Clan Member
      Mood:
      Drunk

Battlelog
      Surge-Reaver
      Shooting people in battlefield a bit like trying to pee and EA comes up behind you and pulls your pants up.

A terrible mess.