Thread: Need a new mouse

Clan Member
      Mood:
      ----

Battlelog
      Sent_is_SPIDEY

Need a new mouse

Hey guys,

I am in need of a new mouse, I currently have a razer naga but it is getting worn and not recognising every click/ macro I press. I was looking at a new mouse with either a num pad on the side like the naga or programmable macros on the side. Any recommendations would be appreciated, Thanks

Mood:
      Cool

Battlelog
      SoV-GreenBeret
      not sure if this helps but i use the razor taipan .its a really good mouse thats not expensive either.
      heres some links to .

http://www.engadget.com/products/razer/taipan/

http://www.msy.com.au/search?control...bmit_search=Go

Clan Member
      Mood:
      ----

Battlelog
      Sent_is_SPIDEY
      Thanks for the suggestion but looking for something with at least 6 macros on one side.
      The other site you linked I found a Corsair VENGEANCE-M95-BK which looks good, thanks

Mood:
      Cool

Battlelog
      SoV-GreenBeret
      oh cool .there really good msy with there prices normally .

Clan Member
      Mood:
      Godly

Battlelog
      Kamaji63
      Tried the logitech g600? I had that a while back before my deathadder 2013

Clan Member
      Mood:
      Cool

Battlelog
      l-Maple-BANG-l
      Check out the Roccat Kone XTD, I honestly think this is the most comfortable mouse out there. Its a tad expensive 80-100$ has multiple macros (near mouse wheel and two on thumb).

BOL with the decisions

Clan Member
      Mood:
      ----

Battlelog
      Sent_is_SPIDEY
      Thanks for all the suggestions guys; the g600 looks good and the roccat it alright but i would prefer something with a few more macros on the side. Still deciding at this stage though. Thanks

Mood:
      Sneaky

Battlelog
      SoV-FeralWIFI
      If you care about accuracy, and consistency, ( which you should as an fps player) get a mouse with an optical sensor. Not a laser. Laser mice have inherent natural acceleration. Its not an option you can turn off, its always there.

Unfortunately most mice with a fair amount of side buttons use laser sensors, typically the adns 9800. ( Annoyingly, both the corsair m95 bk, and Kone XTD use this sensor. Not trying to be a dick about these choices, but I do believe strongly about this topic, and have plenty of first hand experience in shitty mice/sensors)

That said, the logitech g502 has a fair few side buttons, ( 6 as far as I am aware, including the side panel ) 11 buttons in total, including dpi up and down, mouse wheel click. And has the best, most accurate mouse sensor in existence. Period. No perceivable acceleration whatsoever.

It is a fairly heavy mouse, about 120 grams without weights inserted, and nearly 170 grams with weights, but so are most mice listed. 99 percent of mice under 100 grams have 2 or less side buttons.
      Last edited by FeralFoxTrot; 23-02-2015 at 04:35 PM.

Clan Member
      Mood:
      Godly

Battlelog
      Kamaji63
      Quote Originally Posted by FeralFoxTrot View Post
      If you care about accuracy, and consistency, ( which you should as an fps player) get a mouse with an optical sensor. Not a laser. Laser mice have inherent natural acceleration. Its not an option you can turn off, its always there.

Unfortunately most mice with a fair amount of side buttons use laser sensors, typically the adns 9800. ( Annoyingly, both the corsair m95 bk, and Kone XTD use this sensor. Not trying to be a dick about these choices, but I do believe strongly about this topic, and have plenty of first hand experience in shitty mice/sensors)

That said, the logitech g502 has a fair few side buttons, ( 6 as far as I am aware, including the side panel ) 11 buttons in total, including dpi up and down, mouse wheel click. And has the best, most accurate mouse sensor in existence. Period. No perceivable acceleration whatsoever.

It is a fairly heavy mouse, about 120 grams without weights inserted, and nearly 170 grams with weights, but so are most mice listed. 99 percent of mice under 100 grams have 2 or less side buttons.
      So detailed Feral hahaha. Honestly if you know how to mod you could get quiet a decent mouse. I have a modded deathadder with custom mouse switches and sensor. But I'd still recommend the G600 if you are looking for function/aesthetics.

Mood:
      Sneaky

Battlelog
      SoV-FeralWIFI
      Why mod the sensor on the deathadder? its already very good. That said, I undersand modding the switches.

BTW g600 also laser, also adns 9800.