• User Tag List

Thread: GPU on last legs - Code 43 error

Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Cool

GPU on last legs - Code 43 error

Lads,

was keen to finally get some BF1 game time in for the 1st time a few nights ago but to my dismay my video card seems to have finally packed it in. It's a GTX 580 and it's had a good run so far but it's been struggling with games and performance lately.

Eventually found the issue as a Code 43 error with the GPU.

Have tried everything that the interwebs have told me to - roll back drivers, full clean uninstallation using DDU and reinstall drivers, etc etc

the only thing i have left to try is checking the physical card to ensure it's nothing physical (dust or something disrupting).

But anyway at this stage i've spent hours trying to rectify and have decided to pack it in and get a new card.

Anyway couple of things
      1) i won't be online and gaming at all until i fix this, monitor visuals are near useless atm. may be a couple of weeks knowing me before i get around to getting the new card (currently on my laptop atm), and i'm travelling later this month, so it may be a lot longer before i get online again;
      2) if i do get a new GPU, i may look at upgrading other things too - CPU at least, don't believe i need to do anyting to my mobo, i've got a 750psu which should cater for my needs;

I'll set up a separate thread looking for your input into upgrades etc, once i decide budget and other things.

Cheers
      Last edited by Splinter; 06-11-2016 at 09:23 PM.

Clan Member
      Mood:
      Crying

Battlelog
      RudeKostry
      Quote Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
      Lads,

was keen to finally get some BF1 game time in for the 1st time a few nights ago but to my dismay my video card seems to have finally packed it in. It's a GTX 580 and it's had a good run so far but it's been struggling with games and performance lately.

Eventually found the issue as a Code 43 error with the GPU.

Have tried everything that the interwebs have told me to - roll back drivers, full clean uninstallation using DDU and reinstall drivers, etc etc

the only thing i have left to try is checking the physical card to ensure it's nothing physical (dust or something disrupting).

But anyway at this stage i've spent hours trying to rectify and have decided to pack it in and get a new card.

Anyway couple of things
      1) i won't be online and gaming at all until i fix this, monitor visuals are near useless atm. may be a couple of weeks knowing me before i get around to getting the new card (currently on my laptop atm), and i'm travelling later this month, so it may be a lot longer before i get online again;
      2) if i do get a new GPU, i may look at upgrading other things too - CPU at least, don't believe i need to do anyting to my mobo, i've got a 750psu which should cater for my needs;

I'll set up a separate thread looking for your input into upgrades etc, once i decide budget and other things.

Cheers
      A similar problem I used to have with my old 570 was fixed by underclocking the memory and core clock by 5 MHz each. May also fix your problem.

Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Cool

Worth a shot will try tomorrow

Recruit
      Mood:
      Hungry

Battlelog
      B1indGunn3r
      Best bet Splinter would be to take the card out and pull off your heatsink casing, clean out all the fans and give the heatsink a hit with a air compressor.

Other than that all i could think of is a thorough inspection of the board for any blown circuit or capacitors.

Good luck mate hope this helps

*ps - ensure to re-apply thermal paste to the heatsink apon re fitting

Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Cool

Alright i've called it quits. GPU is dead.

Current situation is i have a 6y.o mobo, and a similar age CPU from when i originally built this PC.

My PSU, memory and peripherals are good. but i feel i won't be able to get away with just a GPU upgrade, most half-decent cards won't fit on this mobo and my case is already struggling to fit the GTX580!

So at this stage i'm looking at an upgrade to mobo, case, cpu at a minimum. will set up a separate thread with my current kit and budget....didn't really need this right now because struggling for time to focus on these things.

and all this while i've got my shiny new BF1 installed and ready to go untouched and unplayed