Mood:
      Wtf

Battlelog
      IamTriggerHappy

SoV Community Nights

INTRODUCING

SoV Community Nights

When: First Sunday of the month

Game: Planetside 2 as default. Other games considered (see below for details)

Start time: 7:30pm for briefing and kick off at 8:00pm (aest)

Open invitation to all SoV members and their friends

Requirements: Games to be downloaded and updated before event starts & a basic understanding of each game.

Moderators: High council + Advisory council

Prizes: G2A gift card prizes will be handed out at the conclusion of events each month. The number of prizes given out will be scaled according to the number of attendees. Prizes will be awarded to MVPs voted by HC+AC. MVPs will be awarded to people who displays a high level of team based game play (KD ratio will be ignored).

Game change: PS2 will be our default game played each month however SoV members can request a game change. Post your recommendations in the community nights forum. You will need to justify your recommendations with download size, cost, interest from clan members and why they believe the game will work for a SoV fun night.
      IamTriggerHappy | Head of Treasury & Clan Accounts | Email | Steam Profile | Sons of Valour

2. The following users like this post:

High Council
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Hungry

Battlelog
      Hairy_Eagle
      Hey guys,

This will be a regular event for SoV each month and it is something that we want to see work, so I think it is important to highlight some of the difficulties the nights have encountered In the past. Previously we have had community nights with the following games:

Team fortress 2
      Planetside 2
      Battlefield

The last time we played Planetside 2 there were a few members that didn’t have a basic understanding of the game, they came in either on time or late and thought it was ok to jump on and play 20 questions. With 10+ people in one channel, this hinders the experience for others. If you are interested in playing and you're new to the game and/or would like to have a better understanding of the game, IamTriggerHappy has offered his knowledge to anyone that is interested. He plays throughout the week and is more than happy to help.

The event will be held on the first Sunday of every month. We have struggled for numbers and I believe having a fixed date will help members remember when the night is held and encourage everyone to show up (don’t forget this is an open invitation to SoV members and their friends).

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas please send me a private message through our forums Click Here

We really want to see this work, but it will be up to you to make it happen.

Thanks for your time

-Hairy_Eagle
      Hairy_Eagle | Head of Recruitment | Email | Battlelog Profile | CyberGamer Profile

Advisory Council
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Sneaky

Battlelog
      RockJordan95
      I'm down, I think Planetside 2 is like a nice silvery bag of wine, best shared with friends.

Something I'd prefer though is if you could do steam gift cards, just means that the money is going to the developers, not the key sharks.

Oh and if anyone wants to jump onto Planetside 2 that's never played before I'm happy to show you the long windy ropes of a mmofps!

5. The following user likes this post:

High Council
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Piratey

Battlelog
      Protius_hF
      I was going to jump on this friday night and pick triggers brains on all the new updates

7. The following user likes this post:

Server Administrator
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Cool

Battlelog
      Blade-SoV
      I'm good with the idea, I'll have to play PS2 again to remember some of it but other games sound good too.

9. The following user likes this post:

Clan Member
      Mood:
      Godly

Battlelog
      Kamaji63
      Keen af. Been playing here and there learning the game. Quite enjoyable to play with a group of friends, been on my own most of the time. But keen

11. The following user likes this post:

Clan Member
      Mood:
      Crying

Battlelog
      RudeKostry
      I will show up. Although if planetside 2 is different then it was over 2 years ago when I last played it then I will have no idea what I am doing. but I will hide it with yelling "i know what I am doing."

Also on a random unrelated note, how susceptible are members to bribes? I am asking for a friend.

Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Cool

how long does this normally run for? i'm generally on after 9/9:30pm AEST due to parental dooties.

i'm keen though and will make the effort to join, haven't played PS2 since it was in beta sooo yeah i am gona harass someone before the next event and give it a look-see

High Council
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Hungry

Battlelog
      Hairy_Eagle
      hard to say how long it will go for. but ill prob play till about 11-12.

im gonna jump on tomorrow night. anyone keen?
      Hairy_Eagle | Head of Recruitment | Email | Battlelog Profile | CyberGamer Profile

15. The following user likes this post: