Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question on Keyboards

Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Cool

Question on Keyboards

howdy,

so i've had a Logitech G15 for a number of years now and tbh i have been ok with it...couple niggling things here and there now that the keyboard is a few years old, and also the size of the keyboard is a little large for my liking.

but i've been looking at all the current craze with the responsive clicky switches.

So i ask - are those "super-reponsive" keyboards really worth the hype , and therefore i should consider a keyboard upgrade or is it not really that much of a problem?

I predominately play FPS currently, but i do enjoy the odd strategy/RPG on occassion. CSGO and BF are my current games of choice which is why the responsiveness factor intrigued me.

ANyway i've just started doing my own research, but thought i'd tap into the brains trust that is SoV since i know a few of you have the whiz bang gear in your hot little hands already.

Cheers
      Splinter

Clan Member
      Mood:
      Tired

Battlelog
      HeatIsBad
      I've used Roccat, Razer and Corsair keyboards now and the Corsair has been by far the best in both quality and look. I have the Corsair K70 CherryMX red switches keyboard, not the RGB version (i think thats a waste of money), I picked it up for about $160-$170 from Umart.
      I would tell you a joke about UDP, but you probably wouldn't get it.

High Council
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Hungry

Battlelog
      Hairy_Eagle
      I also have a Corshair Keyboard and it has been great. I defiantly Recommend getting a mechanical keyboard, I have used red switches and currently have Black (I prefer black). Go into a store and try them out yourself (its a personal preference)
      Hairy_Eagle | Head of Recruitment | Email | Battlelog Profile | CyberGamer Profile

Server Administrator
      Clan Member
      Mood:
      Piratey

Battlelog
      Pirate_Radio
      ive stuck it out with my g15 too, ive thought about changing but i find the little screen really handy for the clock and teamspeak plugins etc.

let me know if you upgrade and what you reckon

High Council
      BF Captain
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Godly

Battlelog
      XiSTNZ-HB
      Upgraded to a k95 corsair from a g15 and love it, got the brown switches I think, which can be nice but also I find I often activate the switches by just resting my fingers on them but other than that they are great.

and RGB cause SHINY!!!

Clan Member
      Mood:
      Godly

Battlelog
      Kamaji63
      I upgraded from a membrane to mechanical and am loving it. I currently use a K70 Rapidfire CherryMX Speed which is great, fits in my bag and all. https://www.mwave.com.au/product/cor...-speed-ab81373

High Council
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Wtf

Battlelog
      IamTriggerHappy
      Corsair are great for keyboards - I use the K95.

Beware of Cherry blue switches. Cherry red & brown are probably your best bet.

Other good keyboards are Duckey and Das Keyboard.
      IamTriggerHappy | Head of Treasury & Clan Accounts | Email | Steam Profile | Sons of Valour

Server Administrator
      Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Cool

Battlelog
      Blade-SoV
      I have a Ducky One (Browns) and a K95 (Reds) the Corsair keys are more for games and are a bit heavier, while the Ducky keys are more for a typist.

9. The following user likes this post:

Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Cool

Thanks for the replies guys looks like the corsair boards are a front runner so I'll try to find some I can try in store.

Pirate - yeah I'm still not 100% either....the little screen has had its uses but it glitches out quite a bit for me, and I generally use TS overlays anyway.will let you know what I find.

Blade - assume you use the two keyboards on different machines? Or do you swap them out between gaming and typing work?
      Are the corsair boards completely impractical for general use purposes (I do use my pc for other things at times)

Will keep researching would be good to find something in the middle so that it's still practical for general use...seems brown switches may be a potential

Clan Member
      Donator
      Mood:
      Cool

placed order for the K70 brown, was able to test out at Umart and generally the balance between good gaming + decent typing keyboard is nice. i like the tactile feel so went it over the red and blue was just way too hard.

will update once i've tested and @Pirate_Radio will let you know how it compares to the G15

12. The following users like this post: